Priceline Hotel: 4* Los Angeles (Area to pick advise)

dustyie
By dustyie,
in

Hi all,

First off great site! Just found it and glad i did :)

Am heading on holidays in September 24-27th to LA and was hoping I could get a little advice on the best area to bid on. Was thinking for a tourist to be near most things (1 day Six Flag, 1 day sightseeing maybe few hours on the beach, and near one or two nice restaurants) is Hollywood the best option ?

If Hollywood is best option do you know if the two 4* hotels are 4* Renaissance (previously 3*) & 4* Roosevelt Hotel or is anyone aware if they have changed? (Know it

Welcome to BetterBidding!

There are other more familiar with the area than i am, and hopefully they will respond, but in the meantime, the two main zones bid most frequently are the

(Beverly Hills - West Hollywood) and Hollywood.... but i think Hollywood has some areas within it that are not as desirable, typcally at the lower star levels.

However, you should use the above as a guide, and plot the areas you want to visit on a map and then determine which zones would likely work best for your own needs.

The hotel lists are updated with any information reported to the board. For more on this see the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

Once you determine which zone(s) you'd like to bid let us know your maximum budget and we'll suggest a strategy to follow.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Just a quick update tired betting both areas for 4* starting at 150 and went up to 170 in both Hollywood & west hol but then at 170 got a little concerned no counter offer, has anyone got advise on what limit i should set or should i wait to a later date ? as can see alot of people this month getting 4* in these areas for 150 (peak) and i am trying mid september (after peak i thought :))

Thanks

HOTWIRE has a 4* hotel in the Beverly Hills - Westwood - Century City zone for $145/nite with no amenities shown. This property may or may not be equivalent to a 4* on PRICELINE, but i would at least consider this before bidding any higher.

They also have a 3.5* hotel in this same zone (Boutique, Internet, Golf, Tennis) for $129 which is a match for the Hotel Angeleno so that would be our best guess. This property gets pretty good reviews.

Would either of the above work for your needs?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The places you want to visit are very spread out. No matter where you stay you'll be driving.

Hotel Angeleno is a good pivot location for moving in several directions. If it's $129 on HOTWIRE you might be able to get it for a little less on PRICELINE, bidding for a 3* in Brentwood-Westwood zone.

If you want to spend a day at the beach, consider staying one night in Santa Monica area and two nights at Angeleno, or in Beverly Hills/West Hollywood/Hollywood areas.

Also I think $150-$170 is too high to bid for BevHills/WeHo this far in advance. I'd stop around $125. Hotels don't always give PRICELINE rooms this far in advance.

I would NOT recommend staying at Hotel Angelino. You won't be able to walk anywhere if you stay there. I would also NOT recommend splitting up your stay. It's not worth it unless you're staying for over a week. Locals drive between all the tourist-visited areas without issues. It takes 10-40 mins to get between them, depending.

In terms of things you want to do, you really need to do some research on all the different parts of LA. The city is huge and spread out. You should plan to rent a car to explore it, especially if you plan on going to Six Flags which isn't even in LA (it's a 45 min drive away).

Hollywood itself takes an hour to see. It's a touristy spot with a few blocks of stars on the sidewalks, a mall, etc. This is where nightclubs are too, if that interests you. West Hollywood is a more upscale area 10 mins west. It has restaurants, bars and lounges, and more of the LA feel you probably think you'll see from watching tv. Hollywood is more grungy. Santa Monica is by the beach and a great area to be in the summer and in September. The weather is cooler and more pleasant and it's a gret vibrant area with lots of shopping, restaurants, and bars.

You can read more about LA at guidebook sites like www.frommers.com/destinations/losangeles. This is one city where you need to do research on where to go and what to see before you come.

I always the PRICELINE and [url="http://www.betterbidding.com/clicks/click.php?afsrc=1&id=33"]HOTWIRE[/url] links from this board for my purchase!

• 3 weeks later...

The first hotel is a match for the The London West Hollywood so that would be our best guess for that one... the other 4.5* matches the Sofitel so that would be our best guess there.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

This property has not yet been identified but the TripAdvisor information seems to suggest that the Palomar would be a good guess.

Regardless of what it is the TA reviews are excellent (not too many hotels have a 4.5/5.0 rating)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]