Hotwire Hotel: 3* Sacramento downtown $56 8/08/08-8/10/08

sammyk
By sammyk,
in

Hi,

I ran across this site by accident and it has some great tips and info. Thank you.

I was reviewing the Sacramento downtown hotels and was trying to figure out which hotel the 3* coldl possibly be that has continental breakfast or breakfast included. I read some replies from other people and it appears to be the Holiday Inn but they do not offer breakfast. Does anyone know what other hotel thsi could possibly be?

Thanks

Sammy

Welcome to BetterBidding, sammyk.

You posted your question in the PRICELINE section but it sounds like you've done a Hotwire search. thereuare will move your thread to the HOTWIRE section when he sees it.

When you ask to have a Hotwire hotel identified here it really helps if you'll list ALL the icons that you see on your search.

For 8/8-8/10 I see a 3* in Downtown Sacramento with these icons:

breakfast, fitness, business center, laundry, highspeed, tennis

That appears to be a match for the Holiday Inn Express, which is a different hotel than the downtown Holiday Inn.

If you purchase please use this HOTWIRE link and let us know what hotel you get.

Most Holiday Inn Express properties are either rated 2.5* or 3* by HOTWIRE.

Indeed the Holiday inn Express in Sacramento is currently rated 3* by HOTWIRE and that would be our best guess for this property.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I know Sacramento pretty well and there just aren't a lot of good midrange hotel options in Downtown Sacramento.

If you need to be Downtown I'd say this is a pretty good option at $56, considering the Downtown alternatives.

If you're willing to drive 10-15 minutes you can probably get a nicer hotel than this for the same money, bidding for a 2.5* in South Natomas zone on PRICELINE.

Thanks for all your help. After further research and finfing out there are two 28th and U Streets in and around Sacramento, we are looking for something a little closer to Cherry Island Soccer complex. I see a 2.5* today for $59 in North Highlands Citrus Heights today. This might be much better for us (closer anyway to where we really want to be). The amenities are:

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Pool(s)

Property offers at least one pool area; hours and dates of operation may be seasonal.

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

Laundry Facilities

<amenity names only please... not descriptions>

High-speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Golf Nearby

Property is located within walking distance or a short drive of at least one golf course; an extra charge typically applies.

Tennis Nearby

Property is located within walking distance or a short drive of at least one tennis court; an extra charge typically applies.

Any idea what property this may be? Thanks. There was another location that popped up with 2* in the same area but disappeared when I went out of the site and back in. :)

This site is great-response is so FAST! Thanks. Just one more question, I have used Priceline in the past and only had problems once over the years with # of beds (we always need 2 but luckily the time one hotel did not have any rooms left with 2 double beds, they did have a roll out.). However, since I will be probably booking several rooms for our Sacramento stay, I was wondering if HOTWIRE are better than PRICELINE when it comes time to accomodating you for the number of beds you really need. I noticed on HOTWIRE you can put the number of people in the fields on their site so I was wondering if you will always get 2 beds if there are 3-4 people.

Thanks!

I was wondering if HOTWIRE are better than PRICELINE when it comes time to accomodating you for the number of beds you really need. I noticed on HOTWIRE you can put the number of people in the fields on their site so I was wondering if you will always get 2 beds if there are 3-4 people.

Essentially "yes". HOTWIRE guarantees there will be enough sleeping accomodations for everyone included in your search... so if you search for 3-4 people then you should get a room with two separate beds. However, the "second bed" can be a rollaway, pullout couch, etc... but you won't be given only one bed and need to have the other guests sleeping on the floor.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

After further research and finfing out there are two 28th and U Streets in and around Sacramento, we are looking for something a little closer to Cherry Island Soccer complex.
Just to clarify...the Cherry Island Soccer complex is in Rio Linda, CA; not in Sacramento. And yes, North Highlands/Citrus Heights is much nearer to Rio Linda than Downtown Sacramento would be.
I noticed on HOTWIRE you can put the number of people in the fields on their site so I was wondering if you will always get 2 beds if there are 3-4 people.
Yes. And I think the Holiday Inn on I-80 is a good choice at $59, for proximity to Rio Linda and for being a large hotel with many two-bed rooms...so probably able to accomodate your need for multiple rooms.

Here's another good possibility, if you can wait until Monday. There's a La Quinta almost across the street from the Holiday Inn that sometimes runs a $59 special on weekends. You could guarantee two beds for that price AND get free breakfast, which the Holiday Inn doesn't have. La Quinta only displays their weekend specials three weeks in advance though, and your dates are four weekends away. We won't know until Monday if that La Quinta will be on special for 8/8-8/10.

Yes, I know about the La Quinta specials that come out 3 weeks before which can be nice savings. I think I have seen their specials posted on a Sunday. However there is a tournament that we are going to and I am afraid once the schedule comes out, all the rooms in that area will go fast. I'll check with the other families. Two families will be booking with me so far for 2 nights, so to ensure I get or try to get 2 beds in each room I will book 3 room with 12 occcupants. I will defintiely use your site to book the rooms. I thought I knew alot about travel as I love deals and got some nice tips from your site. I called the Holiday Inn and she said they have plenty of rooms with 2 beds. Keep up the great work with this site! I am looking forward to my experience with Hotwire. I've used Priceline alot and got some wonderful deals in the past.

I just nioticed something-you have more hotels on your site for Sacramento area than Hotwire. I see two more hotels in the area on your site that Hotwire does not have for the North Highlands area. Is theh 2 star one listed in North Highlands area possibly the La Quinta? Also, I called La Quinta and got info-it won't be going on the weekend deals list. But if it the the one listed at $69 on your site is La Quinta, we might go with that instead. Any idea which hotel it is? I can't get back in your site right now but it had 4 icons and one was breakfast.

I just nioticed something-you have more hotels on your site for Sacramento area than Hotwire. I see two more hotels in the area on your site that Hotwire does not have for the North Highlands area. Is theh 2 star one listed in North Highlands area possibly the La Quinta?

I'm not sure what you're asking... are you saying that there are zones on HOTWIRE which are not included in the hotwire hotel list... or that there are more hotels in our hotel list in each zone than you're current being offered on HOTWIRE?

For any given search, HOTWIRE will only show one hotel at each star level in a given zone (they'll show the least expensive property).

If a hotel at a given star level is not shown, then a hotel at that star rating in that zone may not be available for your date(s) of stay.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]