Priceline Hotel: 4* Los Angeles (Downtown) Westin Bonaventure

lwtan
By lwtan,
in

Hi experts,

I am going to stay for just 1 night in LA before we continue our trip to San Fransisco. The check-in date is 9/29.

Could you suggest what area is the best and the safest (cheapest maybe)?

I know there is a somewhat weak link between safest and cheapest, but who knows.

Also how much should be expecting to spend or 3* or 4* hotel?

Thanks in advance,

lwt

I think you'll need to provide a little more information... is this just a stopover and you have an early flight the following day? do you get in early and leave late the following day? are you looking to do touristy things? will you have a car?

If you mention why you chose to stop in Los Angeles for the nite i think others will be able to advise better.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

We will be driving from Las Vegas to San Francisco but we need to stay in LA because my parents won't be able to sit in the car for straight 10-11 hours.

We probably will not have much time for sight seeing, but a hotel that is close to any tourist attraction is a plus.

Thanks,

lwt

So is this really just a "rest break" to get out of the car and have a good nite's sleep? (and looking for the best bang for your buck in any zone in the nearby area)

It also sounds like you'll be more than double occupancy... are you looking for more than one room?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

1 room should be enough.
Will it be enough if you receive a room with only one bed? PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, and it's possible you receive a room with only one bed in it... would this be acceptable? (or a risk that you're willing to take)
So is this really just a "rest break" to get out of the car and have a good nite's sleep? (and looking for the best bang for your buck in any zone in the nearby area)
???

If you're just trying to break up a drive between Las Vegas and San Francisco, then you might not want to go to Los Angeles. It will add another hundred miles and several hours to your drive, especially if you get caught in traffic.

Unless you want to go to some particular tourist destination, such as Hollywood, or just want to see the LA skyline, then it would be best to stop somewhere in Central California. Bakersfield has several good 2.5* and 3* hotels that show up in Priceline from $40 to $60.

Few would consider Bakersfield a tourist destination, but if that's not your goal in LA, then Bakersfield would be a good stopover.

Hi,

Yes, I am willing to take the risk with just 1 bed in 1 room. This happened to my parents and I before, and we do not mind.

Bakersfield does sound good for an alternative. However, since my parents have never been to LA, I think it will be best to do some sightseeing.

We will be leaving early in the morning from Vegas (7AM) and hopefully, we can spend some time sightseeing in LA.

Thanks,

lwt

lwtan,

It's really not clear what area(s) you want to stay in... do you need/want to be in a touristy area OR are you looking for a nice, inexpensive, place to sleep and rest from the drive? I don't really enjoy driving so maybe my thoughts are different than your own, but it would seem that after sitting in the car for a few hours the last thing you would want to do is start walking around and "seeing the sights".

As you know your needs best, let us know which zone(s) you're willing to accept and we'll be able to suggest a strategy for you to follow. (as well as you prefered maximum budget)

It's about a 4-5 hour drive from Vegas to LA depending on traffic and what part of LA you're going to. LA is so huge and spread out that "seeing LA" in one afternoon isn't a realistic goal.

If you pick one area or destination that you want to visit that afternoon....Hollywood, Santa Monica, Universal Studios for example....we could suggest a strategy for getting a hotel in that area. The most popular tourist destinations also tend to have the most expensive hotels though.

Is one afternoon enough to see Hollywood and Santa Monica?
It is if you only want to spend an hour or two in each place. I think most people would want to spend an entire afternoon at one place or the other. It's up to you though.
Also, I am looking for a 3* or 4* hotel in those area.
It will probably be in the $100-150 range, plus parking. Is that what you had in mind?

Well, Hollywood itself consists of only a few blocks. So that takes an hour to see. Santa Monica takes a while to walk around and enjoy. It's a place where you strol and enjoy various areas, outdoor cafes, shops, beach, etc. You can spend a full day there easily. However, you will probably also want to see West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, and surrounding areas that most tourists see. And Venice Beach near Santa Monica. So altogether, if you have a car to commute between these, it takes 2 full days at minimum. 3 would be best. If you don't have a car, you'll need to add more time for commuting. Getting from Hollywood to Santa Monica by bus takes an hour and often 2 buses.

Given what you wrote above, I would recommend you do some research to figure out exactly what you want to see in LA. You'll have a very short time, so you'll have to just pick one area and stick to it.

I always the PRICELINE and [url="http://www.betterbidding.com/clicks/click.php?afsrc=1&id=33"]HOTWIRE[/url] links from this board for my purchase!

• 2 weeks later...

Won Westin Bonaventure Hotel 9/29 - 9/30 for $74/night.

Started from $65 - rejected.

Add rebid zone $70 - rejected.

Add rebid zone $72 - rejected.

Add rebid zone $74 - ACCEPTED.

I went to their website and found that they are selling 1 room for $240.00 / night.

This is a good deal for me, I think.

One more question, it is safe to walk around this area at night?

Hotel Address:

404 S Figueroa St

Los Angeles, California 90071

213-624-1000

Please advise,

lwt

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]