Priceline Hotel: 4* Seattle (Downtown) Sheraton Hotel and Tower

epicureangirl
By epicureangirl,
in

One night, July 3rd, ($98 + $21.10 services fees) total charges $119.10

I've stayed at this hotel before on a Hotwire bid and will be very comfortable here again, Im sure.

I finally graduated. I didn't go the Hotwire route this time and made my first successful bid on Priceline.

Since choosing a 4 star gave me 8 free rebid zones, I started at $83 and added $3 each zone. The magic number for that date was somewhere between $96 and $98, as I was rejected at my $95 bid.

Very happy about the price, since the same hotel on the same dates was on Hotwire this morning for $160.

I'll try and find some new 'fun stuff' and let you know the results! I was recently disappointed to learn that my favourite Seattle restaurant, Fandango, is now closed. I'm mourning it, but I hope to find somewhere equally as great. Fortunately, I tried some of Mucsea2003's recommendations, and made the trip out to Ballard. His recommendation of Cafe Besalu was wonderful -- it will be my new breakfast stop outside of the Downtown area.

A new experience for me was renting a Segway in Seattle last month -- it was a blast!

Cheers.

For all the details you can check http://www.glideusa.com/

They're located in the Green Lake neighbourhood, which is a short drive from Downtown. It's great, because for a first-time rider, you're getting a lesson and practising with supervision until you're completely comfortable with it -- I can't imagine trying one without it. It takes a little getting used to, but after about 10 minutes or so of practice you'll gain confidence and start having fun. They're allowed on city streets and sidewalks, but not on the boardwalk surrounding green lake (inside the park). There's a bicycle lane that also runs around the park which you can Segway on, as well as all the streets and sidewalks.

You give a credit card for security, sign a waiver for injury or damage to the Segway, put on your helmet and away you go! My husband and I did an hour rental which was enough for us -- I'm not running out to buy one or anything, but I am glad I had a chance to try it, and might do it again some sunny Seattle day. Definitely a neat experience. Go for it!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]