Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (USE) Omni

RobbieRob
By RobbieRob,
in

Hi! Want to book a 4* Hotel in San Francisco: 2 rooms for 2 persons each, should not be more than 100$.

Fisherman's Wharft would be sweet, but under 100$ should be hard.

So USW or USE: I have NO CLUE what is better for us. We're just going to do all the touristy stuff, so what would be better? Since there are so many possible hotels, it's also hard to predict which area to choose. Is there maybe an area (talking about USW or USE) which offers better hotels than the other area (or does one area have a risk of getting "not so good" 4 Star hotels?)

Thank you so much for your help!!!

You can start with the Priceline Hotel List which has links to user reviews (both internally on this site and externally)

I know the Wharf area is touristy, but from what i have learned reading the board there is not very good BART access in that area, so if you intend to 'see the city' more frequently than stay in the Fisherman's Wharf zone, you may want to consider the USE/USW zones as they probably provide better access to the BART system... but others know the area better than i do and i'm sure somebody will confirm and/or add to my comments above.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

we stayed in sf last weekend. stayed at USW. Park 55 for $95.00 per night. sf has a very good public transportation system. if you stay in USE or USW you use the F line trolley, $1.50 one way. it will take you down market street to Pier 39 and fisherman's wharf. or take the cable cars , 1 way is $5.00 it will take you to fishermans wharf. Also look at the visitor pass. the 3 day price was $18.00 unlimited rides.

wjparley,

Thank you for adding the above information... hope you enjoyed your stay.

Can you please post the details of your purchase as a NEW TOPIC so that it will appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins and help future users.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Is USW an option for you?

If you only want USE then just keep bidding USE every few days now. Ultimately you should get something in USE for under $100 but it might not be until closer to your travel dates.

4* in Fisherman's Wharf typically takes more than $100. There's only one reported 4* hotel there. But you might get a 3* in FW for less than $100 now.

Have you had any luck with your LA bids yet?

hmm not sure about USW - the area is fine, but I think USE offers better hotels?

I am just going to try every other day to get a hotel for about 80-90 bucks, hope that works.

About LA: I am bidding tomorrow, and I will try downtown 4 Stars to get the Westin, just want to show my parents the place we're (most likely) going to get first tomorrow and than I will bid!

Congratulations on your win!

I'm sure somebody from the area will be able to give more information, but based upon the positive reviews, obviously the pictures on the site don't do the hotel justice. As well, there is more to a hotel stay than just the room, there are many intangibles (such as a staff that go above and beyond) which can make or break a hotel stay. Omni properties usually "do it right" and this property seems to be no exception.

Thank you for sharing your winning bid with the board and for using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

I bid for USW and USE, and I won the Omni for 125$ using you PRICELINE link.

This one is ranked #1 on tripadvisor, and normal rates for these days is about 200$.

Judging from the pictures, I don't quite see why this one is ranked #1 - anyone of you made any experience with the hotel?

The Omni is our favorite Priceline hotel within the USE zone. The rooms are spacious, nicely appointed and quiet. Equally important is the service and attitude of the entire staff. You never encounter Priceline "attitude" at this location. A guest is a guest no matter how much or how little you paid. If I were you, I'd be thrilled to get the Omni at this price.

RobbieRob,

Do yourself a favor and sign up for Omni's Select Guest program on their web site. This entitles you to a hot and cold breakfast beverage delivered to your room each morning of your stay, as well as free hi speed internet. After your first stay they will send you coupons for 50% off your next weekend stay as well as a room upgrade. If you don't want to use the coupons, I will take them off your hands.

BEAV,

Just attained Gold status for Omni hotels, and received more 50% coupons. After our Intercontinental stay in a couple of weeks, will look into another Omni stay, hopefully in December.

Happy bidding.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]