Priceline Hotel: 4* Los Angeles (Downtown) Westin Bonaventure

RobbieRob
By RobbieRob,
in

Hi!

I am looking for a 4 Star Hotel in LA for the given dates. Not sure if we should book downtown or Beverly Hills - Hollywood seems to be too expensive for a 4 star (I haven't seen anyone here getting a hotel for less than 150$ for 4 stars). We want to see Hollywood and the Walk of Fame mainly when we come to LA. So what would you reccomend? Downtown - which will most likely be the Westin Bonaventure, or Beverly Hills? I have really no clue what is better! Thank you!

Since your time in town is short and you're most interested in Hollywood it would be convenient if you could stay in Hollywood. Unfortunately Hollywood isn't a very good Priceline zone. The 4* there are expensive, as you note, and the only reported 3*, the Holiday Inn Walk of Fame, hasn't been reported here in a long time...over a year, I think.

Still, just because nobody's won a 4* in Hollywood for $100 lately it's still worth a try. Bidding is free! I'd say give it a shot at $100.

If that doesn't work would you consider a 3* in Hollywood? The Holiday Inn's rate is $229 for your dates so it could take $100 even for 3*, if it's available at all. If you want to try for it I'd suggest $80 for 3*, then add Lawndale (your only free rebid for 3*) at $100.

Otherwise 4* Downtown would be easier access to Hollywood than Beverly Hills probably. If you win the Westin, which most people do, you can catch the Red Line Metro a couple blocks away, which takes you straight to Hollywood and Vine. Parking is expensive at Westin but with Metro you can avoid a second parking charge in Hollywood, and the train ride would be another "LA adventure". Probably start bidding around $70/4* if you want that.

Please use this PRICELINE link when you bid. Ask if you have questions.

I've never stayed at the Westin. Just walked past it.

I don't do 4* hotels myself. I just help other people get them, lol.

:)

There are some Westin reviews posted in the Hotel Review section here, and lots more on TripAdvisor.

Please let us know how your Hollywood bidding goes.

Hmmm... tried to win the Westin using your PRICELINE link for the last couple of days... always bid up to 95$ for 4* Downtown - no success :)

Should I simply keep on trying or is this a sign that I will have to spend more than the 75-85$ that other users bid to get the hotel?

Does the price increase or decrease the closer it gets to the planned arrival date (mid August)

Thanks!

Rates are date specific... if you check rates at the Westin Bonaventure for the nites of your stay, rates start at $399 which is indicative of very high demand, so the chances of you winning a bid for $90 or less are currently very low. The nite of 8/11 isn't too bad... but the nite of 8/12 appears to be troublesome.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You seem like a pretty flexible guy, so what about a 4* in Beverly Hills/West Hollywood?

Or try for the 2.5* Residence Inn in Beverly Hills? 2.5* doesn't always mean a worse hotel than a 4*. PRICELINE won't rate a hotel higher than 2.5* if they don't have a restaurant that served three meals a day. ResInn only serves breakfast so it's 2.5*. But it's a very nice hotel and rooms are all suites.

I'm only bidding for the 8/11 night of my stay, since I won the Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach for the night of 8/12.

I'm bidding downtown, hollywood and beverly hills now... went up to 120$ last night with no success - seems like I have to bid higher when I bid again tonight...

Congratulations on your win!

To bring my previous comments "full circle" (for anyone else following along and future readers)... for just this nite of 8/11 (instead of the 2 nite stay of 8/11-8/13) rates drop from $399 to 'just' $249/nite, which obviously indicates lower demand for this nite and made the chances of a successful bid more realistic.

Glad to hear of your success, and combined with your other winning bid, these dates are now taken care of.

Thanks for the post and for using our PRICELINE link.

Enjoy this leg of your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]