Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Redlands Country Inn and Suites

genx
By genx,
in

Hi Guys

Need some help, I need a hotel to stay in between nights, was looking at Inland Empire area (riverside east) as its close to the shopping (desert outlets) and then in the morning I could leave to vegas or possible shop in the morning then leave... just easier then to go back to the hotel in glendale.

Need this for june 27,

Have been bidding on Riverside east area 2.5 star.... have bid between 40-50 and all rejected... any idea on what I need to bid... Also... on hotwire there is a 2.5 star hotel listed under san Bernardino - Colton - Rialto for 49... do you recommed this option.

If I could get breakfast and parking included that would be great...

GenX

thats odd. it looks like it has disappered... there is one showing a

2.5-star hotel in San Bernardino - Colton - Rialto

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Laundry Facilities

Complimentary Breakfast

Business Center

High-speed Internet Access

I believe this is holiday in express on my research....

The one I was looking at this morning... had

2.5-star hotel in San Bernardino - Colton - Rialto

Complimentary Breakfast

swimming pool

internet

Let me know what you think, since the 49 is not avialable would you recommed bidding or just buying... also... what do you think the second hotel is?

Thanks for all your help

GenX

The current 2.5* property has a Smoke Free icon associated with it which the Holiday Inn Express didn't have as of the last reported win, but this is a new icon for HOTWIRE (may not have been offered last time this hotel was posted) and the hotel is indeed Smoke Free, so that would be our best guess too.

Whether you go with the above (what is the price?) or bid on PRICELINE depends upon what you need from this stay... is price most important or having a guess as to the hotel before your purchase more important? Assuing the above is the Holiday Inn Express, they do have free parking and complimentary breakfast which you said you would like... how important are these amenities to you (vs. taking your chances of a hotel via PRICELINE and having to pay for each of these)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

not really picky about the ammenties at all, as long as the hotel is decent and breakfast and parking are included I am good to go... however price is the key too.

So would you think if I bid up until 65 on priceline that if I win a 2.5 star hotel in riverside east that it will include parking and breakfast?

I see alot of people win 3* hilton san berdino... does this include breakfast and parking?

genx

as long as the hotel is decent and breakfast and parking are included

Yout can't guarantee this with the opaque providers.

You can use our BetterChecker to visit each of the websites of the hotels reported in the areas you're considering, and of those you suspect you might get, to see if parking and/or breakfast are included.

Let us know what you find and how you'd like to proceed and we'll try to assist further.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

2.5* on HOTWIRE: San Bernardino Holiday Inn Express is in downtown SB, not the best area. Hilton's location is much better, but no free breakfast there.

2.5* in PRICELINE San Bernardino-Riverside zone: Courtyard Riverside is the only reported 2.5* so far. Nice hotel, no free breakfast. That Holiday Inn Express (probably) that you're seeing on Hotwire could also come up on a 2.5* Priceline bid in SB-Riverside zone, although it hasn't been reported yet.

A couple other options:

1) Bid for 2.5* in Ontario zone and shop at Ontario Mills instead of Desert Outlets. Usually good hotel deals in Ontario.

2) Bid for 2.5* in Redlands. Closer to Desert Outlets than San Bernardino. We don't know what the Redlands 2.5* hotel is but probably Country Inn and Suites.

Whichever option you choose there's no guarantee of free breakfast. Some 2.5* have it and some don't.

Okay, so I finally won... and now finished bidding for my trip to la....

Last hotel I won is for Jun 26-27, 2.5*.. redlands CA, won Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Bernardino/Redlands for $60.

Used banning area to bid on this as it had 2 free rebid areas, bet 50, 53, 56, 60.... a 2.5 star on hotwire was going for 79....

I would like to thank thereuare and especially Colfax, who helped me decide on an area and helped me with betting strategy through the pm system. thank you.

GenX...

ps... couldnt update title

Congratulations on your win!

Glad to hear of your success and that you're happy with the results. We're happy that the information the board, and the assistance from your users, was helpful in your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

That's great, genx! Everything you were hoping for--free parking and breakfast, and near the Cabazon outlet malls. Also a nice deal; Country Inn's regular rate is $139.99.

As jrnyman04 notes, even though the hotel's name is "Country Inn and Suites San Bernardino/Redlands" it's not in Priceline's San Bernardino/Riverside zone. You have to enter "Redlands" as your destination to get that Redlands bidding option.

It's odd that Priceline doesn't include Redlands in the Inland Empire zone cluster because Redlands is definitely Inland Empire. I think Redlands and SB even share a common border.

Thanks for the zone correction guys!

And i looked at the map for this one too! I see how i was confused (based upon the location of the Hwy 30 marker on PRICELINE's San Bernardino zone map... i thought that was the road that heads North/South and inersects Rte 10)

OK, i think we've got it right now... thanks again!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]