Hotwire Hotel: A 2 star Suite Hotel in Nashville?

SteveinPhilly1
By SteveinPhilly1,
in

Hi! Before I started bidding on Priceline I did a Hotwire Search for Nashville. I need to be near the Convention Center as I won't have a car. As has been discussed here before both PL and HW includes Vanderbilt Un in the same as Downtown.

I was surprised to see a 2 star hotel whith the "Suite" meaning extended stay etc hotel with a special rate for my dates in September at $49.00! I looked ion the BB HW list and there are no 2 star hotels listed. I know HW rating is less than PL but It will be a chain. I need to get a clean safe room, not luxury. I'd certainly commit to the $49. rate (I'm staying FOUR nights) if I had some idea of what to expect. Not sure how long this one will last.

Any suggestions on how to figure out whjich hotel and where it is? I'll also be researching other hotels in the artea and have a Comfort Inn in town reserved as cancellable for Average of $95.00 night.

Thanks! I always recommend your site.

... and what are the date(s) of your stay?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

The dates of my stay are 9/17-9/21. After looking at the Priceline revealed hotels called "Downtown/Convention Center" as well as Hotels.com and Expedia, I realized that Nashville is an "automobile town". Many of those hotels - whether 2 or 3 star quality are actually 2-3 miles from the downtown convention area. All the reviewes were from people who drove. As was pointed out on the Priceline Board but some other people a month or so ago, both Priceline and Hotwires "Downtown Nashville" maps are pretty scary as you probably stand at least a 50% chance of being, not only not walking distance but actually out on a major interstate.

So far I've got a $98. blended rate (Wed-Thurs/Fri-Sat of about $92.00 at the Comfort Inn which is easy walk across the highway - and cancellable.

I'm wondering if anyone has figured out a way to be at least 95% certain of getting a room actually IN TOWN on PL or HW.

Priceline's 2 star revealed is $59. but it's described as follows: Nashville-Daystop West2 Star

2 star hotels typically appeal to the traveler looking for basic comfort and convenience. Guestrooms generally offer amenities such as private baths, television and telephone. These hotels may not offer on-site dining but are generally located near casual dining establishments. Nashville, TN (Nashville Downtown)

West just a few miles from downtown is one of the best parts of Nashville. Lots...More

The cheapest 3 star is the HI Select Vanderbilt which is $143!

Anyway, if you or others have any suggesttions I'd love it!

Steve

If you're looking to be in a specific part of a zone, or avoid a specific part of the zone, HOTWIRE is often a better option as you can try to ID the hotel before your purchase and therefore take an educated guess as to its location.

I'd guess one issue that you're having is that you're looking at the lower star levels in an area that includes 'downtown' as well as an area on the outskirts of downtown. This isn't a blanket statement, but generally speaking, in such a zone you'll find the higher star rated hotels more centrally located and the lower rated hotels more on the outskirts. The higher rated hotels (charging in the hundreds can afford the rent of a 'downtown' location... it's hard to be in a premium location if your brand only commands $50-$60/nite)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]