Priceline Hotel: 3* in Santa Monica help?

DawnNZ
By DawnNZ,
in

Hi guys,

I have been bidding on 3* Santa monica on PL and tried $95 and $98 dollars both rejected for the past three days. I know it's not that much but I saw from previous posts people got the Holiday Inn Express for $95. I would prefer that one over Marina Del Ray which seems to go for $100. I don't really want to go up to $100 and get Marina Del Ray. Is it worth just try bidding $110 for Double Tree or $130 for Sheraton to get a place in SM instead of bid $100 and get MDR?

I have mixed reviews on Double Tree but Sheraton sounds okay? All in all not sure if I should go up to $100 or just bid higher and pay more to try and get somewhere in SM?

Sorry if silly question - first time user!

Thanks,

Welcome to BetterBidding!

See this related link: Don't Bid Higher For a Specific Hotel.

Let us know your thoughts after reading the above.

What is the best rate you're able to get thru conventional booking channels? (use our BetterChecker to assit in your rate search.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ya I read it already - but it was posted a few years ago so I thought I better make sure things are still the same. I think for now I will just have to decide whether I want to gamble with a higer bid. Most likely I will slowly increase my bids each day! Thanks.

There is a 3* SM for $146. Amenities: pool. 5.7 miles to LAX.

There is also a 3* at Redondo Beach/Manhattan Beach for $99.00. Amenities: airport shuttle, pool, fitness centre, business centre. It got rated 3.5 out of 5 by Trip Advisor reviews based on 20+ reveiws. Is located 5.4 miles to LAX. Does anyone know what this property is?

Thanks,

There just aren't many options based on what you're asking. 3 star hotels in SM go for $250+ per night. Sheraton or DoubleTree are your only options and if you don't bid enough, you WILL get Marina del Rey. Both locations are fine, within a few blocks to the Promenade and Main St. Reviews are ok. This just isn't an area where you can get amazing deals because there aren't many hotels to choose from and they're so expensive to begin with.

I always the PRICELINE and [url="http://www.betterbidding.com/clicks/click.php?afsrc=1&id=33"]HOTWIRE[/url] links from this board for my purchase!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]