Priceline Hotel: need help booking 5/14-5/18

om4321
By om4321,
in

Hello

I am a canadian citizen who is trying PRICELINE for the very first time. I am looking to book a 4* hotel preferably in the USE or USW area in san francisco from May 14- May 18. Unfortunately I have had no luck as I tried bidding $65 first, and then adding the rebid zone 1, zone 2, 3 and 4....i was also increasing my rebids by increments of $5, but it didn't work for me.. i followed the steps that are listed in the rebidding topic...I went all the way up to $120 and finally gave up as that is my limit..is there anyone who can help me out with this? would be much appreciated!!!!

Bay to Breakers is Sunday, May 18, and that's one of the highest demand weekends for hotels in SF.

Can you split your bid? You might win your Wednesday and Thursday for the $120 you've already bid. Then bid higher for Friday/Saturday or stay in some other part of town those nights.

Are you coming to SF for the race? If not you might find staying in Union Square inconvenient that weekend as there will be large crowds, closed streets, and traffic detours.

oh really, now i didn't know that..unfortunately I am not coming down because of the race..just a friendly trip with me and my boyfriend... yes I was looking at staying in around Union Square, even something that is a couple blocks away from that is fine... i did research some prices on some other sites and the average daily rate for a 4* hotel ranged from $220-$500 for that weekend.. i will try splitting the bid to see if that will work better.. i hope i am able to come up with something soon!

For Friday and Saturday night I don't think you'll win a 4* near Union Square for under $120. Maybe a 2* or 2.5*, but even that's not a sure thing. Availability is much better for any other weekend before or after this one. Are you committed to visiting SF this particular weekend?

If your dates aren't flexible I would focus on Weds and Thurs first, when your chances are much better for winning that Union Square 4*. If you win those nights at $90, for example, you'll have another $60 you can apply towards the more expensive Friday and Saturday nights. You could bid up to $150 for Friday and Saturday and still stay within your $120/night budget.

yes unfortunately i am committed on those dates because we have already booked the airline tickets...so i tried splitting the bids for the wed- thurs... so far i have had no luck up to $120.. i will try and raise it a bit more and see if that brings me any luck...

I'm surprised you couldn't get a 4* up to $120 for Weds/Thurs alone. It looks like some Bay to Bay runners are coming to town a few days early.

I'll offer some PRICELINE options where I think you might succeed for Weds/Thurs at $120 or less:

Boutique, USE or USW

3* Fisherman's Wharf

3* Cathedral Hill

2.5* Civic Center

Any of those would put you within a mile or so of Union Square. Personally I'd suggest trying for Boutique next, but we're happy to provide strategy for whichever options you prefer.

• 3 weeks later...

There is also a convention 13-16 I believe. This weekend is very hard. You should either downgrade to a 2-3 star for that price, or up your bid to at least $150 for a 4-star. Otherwise, you need to look at other options.

I always the PRICELINE and [url="http://www.betterbidding.com/clicks/click.php?afsrc=1&id=33"]HOTWIRE[/url] links from this board for my purchase!

I feel your pain, SO and I committed to this w/e as well, not knowing about the Bay to Breakers. We're also flying in from Toronto. If we could have changed our vacation time we would have paid the Air Canada penalty and changed our flights to come in another w/e.

Good luck!

I've been trying for a 4 star that weekend. I've bid up to $125. It's also graduation weekend for UC Berkeley and USF - very busy. I'll let you know if I get anything. Fortunately, I can change my plans if I don't get anything.

You won't. We tried everything and the best we could get was the 2* Air Travel Hotel at $115. Tried 2.5* and up up to $127 and nothing.

I always the PRICELINE and [url="http://www.betterbidding.com/clicks/click.php?afsrc=1&id=33"]HOTWIRE[/url] links from this board for my purchase!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]