Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Seattle (Lake Union) Courtyard by Marriott

Phaelon56
By Phaelon56,
in

First bid was $35 for 2.5* downtown zone - no luck. I'm on a tight budget for this trip and could get a decent shared bath room at Hotel Metro for $39 (a friend I trust has stayed there and recommended it).

There's only one free rebid available for 2.5* - decided to take a shot at $45 and if no luck.... try again in a week. Bingo - $45 seems to be the magic number. I've stayed in this Courtyard before - nice property.

Your Offer Price: $45.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 3

Subtotal: $135.00

Taxes & Service Fees:

$27.25

Total Charges: $162.25

It also has free parking as it's not right in downtown. That's a HUGE plus as I need a car for a couple coffee related excursions I've planned for evenings. Parking at the downtown hotels in Seattle is $25 per night. The downside is that I'm only there for 3 1/2 days and all my daytime hours are to be consumed with training. The upside is that it's the initial stage of my low investment no-risk entre into the world of commercial espresso business :)

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yes.... Bronwen.... that was already on my list of planned stops. I'll do the Wayne and Garth "we are not worthy" bowing routine. I"ve read so much about her work and it's very impressive - her energy and committment to the craft.

• 4 weeks later...

Back from Seattle and had a great time. I walked up to Hine Coffee one day from the hotel - a pleasant walk. Bronwen was not on duty but the young lady working the counter made me a couple of outstanding machiatto's and as it turns out - she is from my hometown! (Syracuse NY).

I was wrong about the free parking - it's $12 per day to park but the hotel offers a free shuttle service on request to five different points in Seattle (the north end of the Pike Place Market is one and the Westin is another). The shuttle runs all day up until 10:30 at night and was very helpful. Buses are easy to negotiate at $1.25 per ride and ride-all-day for $2.50 on weekends. Bus service is very spotty at night.

They automatically assigned me a room with two double beds on the back side (no lake view) but I didn't request a change as I was sleeping alone and hardly ever in the room anyway.

Big surprise was my technical training for espresso machines at ESI in Ballard. The regular training guy was not available and John Blackwell did a full day of one on one training for me. It's analogous to showing up at Apple for Mac training and finidng out that Steve Jobs is going to spend the day with you and take you to lunch. Incredible experience. Seattle rocks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]