Priceline Hotel: 3* Need Marriott at Renaissance Center - downtown

kalo93406
By kalo93406,
in

Hi.. I'm planning on bidding 3* Downtown.... 5 nights 3/26 - 3/31/08. I will be part of a conference group using the Marriott at Renaissance ($179) or St. Regis Detroit ($119). It seems that most bid for downtown Detroit get the Marriott, but a saw two got the Omni. Almost seemed as if the lower bids got directed to the Omni.. and slightly higher bids got Marriott.. Is there ever a real pattern like this for two hotels in the same zone?

The it looks as if the Omni is not to far from the Marriott.. i think the event will have a bus picking us up at either of the two event hotels.. so if we got stuck at the Omni we would have to get to the Marriott at the pick up time.

Any recommendations for my first bid? I saw someone can seem to notice going prices for certain dates.. is there a best way to notice this?

thanks so much.. R:)

The Omni is not near much of anything. It is an older property but well maintained. They do offer a shuttle to any nearby location. No cost, just the price of a tip. I would suggest you call them directly and then ask about shuttle services for your needs. IF shuttle times work for you, then start bidding the lower bid range as you could get any property Priceline has downtown in the 3* range. Might as well pay less.

Cheryl

• 1 year later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]