Priceline Hotel: 2.5* LA-San Fernando (Valencia-Stevenson Ranch) Hilton Garden Inn

utahpilot
By utahpilot,
in

I'm following the advice of thereuare and asking for help with our stay this coming weekend, 3/1 to 3/3 in Santa Clarita, CA. really want to stay at a Hampton type place, with at least free breakfast and pool for kids. a few local dives show rack rates of $50 bucks or so, but don't have breakfast/pool.

what advice can you give on getting a room in that area for a good deal? our dates are not flexible, and neither are our locations.

thanks in advance!!!

UPDATE

I put in a bid of $68 this afternoon. It came back with this reply:

If you are willing to raise your price by $17, you can try the same request again right now.

Normally you are required to change additional items (add zones, star level, or dates) in order to try your request again. However we are able to extend this one-time opportunity to you because of the zone, quality level and dates you requested.

I haven't gone beyond this, as it won't do anything unless I raise it to $85.

Welcome to BetterBidding, utahpilot. You might be new here but you've already contributed a new hotel for the Hotel List!

I'm pretty sure that this is the Hilton Garden Inn you won, in Priceline's Valencia-Stevenson Ranch zone, but please confirm if you can:

Hilton Garden Inn Valencia Six Flags

27710 The Old Road

Valencia, CA 91355

You asked for feedback on your bidding, so I'll mention that Priceline will almost always accept less than their counteroffer. In your case you bid $68 and got a counteroffer for $85, which you accepted. It's likely something less than $85 would have been accepted; maybe $75 or $80. You would have had to wait 24 hours to bid a lower price than $85 though.

(In some instances you have "free rebid zones" that let you bid a few dollars higher immediately, without waiting 24 hours. There are no free rebid zones for 2.5* in Valencia zone though, unfortunately.)

thanks for the info. Indeed, it is the Hilton Garden Inn Valencia Six Flags

looks nice and I think it'll be a good trip. also bid on a minivan in BUR for the weekend, got one for $39/day on the counteroffer. I wasn't sure about that so you've helped me. I got anxious and took what I could since some places were already showing minivans as 'NA' for those days.

thanks again!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]