Priceline Hotel: 4* New Orleans (French Quarter) 9/13/08 - 9/16/08

Keoni
By Keoni,
in

I went to Priceline via the SavingsBarn and requested my dates in September. The

matrix of hotels available indicated a 4 Star Hilton on St. Charles Street

in the Downtown district for $77.00 as a special Priceline deal.

I checked the hotel website and this is only a few blocks from the Quarter so, Hmmmm....

Gotta Negotiate at this point! :)

Bid 4* French Quarter $55.00, Not Accepted

Add Re-bid zone 1 $57.00, Not Accepted

Add Re-bid zone 2 $58.00, Not Accepted

Add Re-bid zone 3 $59.00, Not Accepted

Add Re-bid zone 4 $61.00, Not Accepted

Add Re-bid zone 5 $65.00, Not Accepted

I went to the Hilton Website just to see what was available. I was able to get this same

hotel as a cancellable backup for (AARP Rate) of $71.00 per night plus tax directly from

the Hilton Website. I could have booked it at the non-refundable/non-changeable

Net Direct rate of $67.00 per night but then it wouldn't be cancellable and since I have

plenty of time until the trip to continue trying the French Quarter I will use this backup

as my umbrella and keep playing the lotto for the French Quarter with Priceline. If I hit

I will report back.

Regards,

Keoni :)

You should consider expanding your zones to add downtown-CC. Most (not all-sheraton sucks) of the 4* hotels in that zone are excellent and no too far from the French Quarter. I would take the Hilton Riverside or Le Pavillon any day over the FQ 4* offerings.

Caveat: there are a lot of wins for the Sheraton in the zone I suggested. It is right near the quarter but I think your Hilton St. Charles is better.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]