Hotwire Hotel: 3* Los Angeles (Glendale-Burbank-Universal City) Hilton Glendale

..kimmy..
By ..kimmy..,
in

Hi,

Could someone help me build a strategy to bid for a hotel in these area?

I need a hotel from the 26th - 29th. There are 4 of us. I narrowed down the places where I want to stay at; Beverly Hills, West Hollywood or Hollywood.

I've been lurking here for a while now and come here quite often when I want to lookup hotels on Hotwire. I've been reading reviews and the only few hotels I want to stay at is:

- Renaissance Hotel in Hollywood

- Roosevelt Hotel in Hollywood

- Best Western Inn Hollywood Hills (3* i believe)

- Residence Inn in Beverly Hills (2.5 *)

And I guess, I can settle for any other 4* hotel in the area.

I realized that some of these hotels charge for parking so I want to consider that before I overbid.

My budget is $130-140 for 4* and $80-90 for a 2.5* or 3*

Can you tell me if this is reasonable? Can someone recommend a strategy for me?

Yesterday: I bid $120 on a 4* in Hollywood, rejected, added Beverly Hills zone and raise the bid to $125, got rejected again. I'm not too confident on my next rebid zone and would really help and input, thanks!

-Kimmy

I'm interested in seeing how this goes for you because I am planning on staying in the same zone on similar dates. I'm planning on going from the 27th- Jan. 1st.

And remember you have 5-6 rebid zones because only West-Hollywood/Bevery Hills, Hollywood, LA Airport, and I think maybe one other zone that I'm forgetting have 4* hotels.

But it's not good news for me that you got rejected at $125....

There are 4 of us...

To begin, are you bidding for only one room?

Priceline only guarantees double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel. There is a chance you could receive a room with only one bed. Is this a risk you're wiling to take?

If not, HOTWIRE does enable you to search for up to quad occupancy, and will also likely give you a chance to target/avoid specific properties.

Please use our own HOTWIRE link to begin any searches/purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Checking HOTWIRE for 4 adults (so you're guaranteed two beds) I find:

3.5* BevHills/Westwood/Century City at $159

3* Hollywood/West Hollywood at $159

Those are a little more than your $140 limit. Hotwire's 4* options are much more than your limit.

The 3.5* Bev Hills looks like the the Tower Beverly Hills Hotel, formerly Loew's. The 3* Hollywood looks like the Ramada on Santa Monica.

What about trying for TWO rooms at the Res Inn Beverly Hills on Priceline? People have been reporting wins there in the $60-70 range lately.

well, decided to go with hotwire through the link provided in the signature (mod) and I ended up in glendale instead for $84/night at the hilton. 3* hotel. I have a car and occupancy is for 4 ppl. I'm sure I'll be partying most of the time and the hotel will only be used for sleep =) Thanks for the input.

Thanks for the report (and for using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase)...

Can you please add the amenities shown before your purchase. You can still view thee by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY STUFF link near the top of their home page.

Thanks! Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]