Priceline Hotel: 2* San Jose (Newark-Fremont) Homestead Suites

polyj
By polyj,
in

I want to stay in the Fremont area only, I do not want hotel from any other zones. However, I do not know which zone is more expensive, so that I can have more trials by adding it. My goal is a 2 * hotel, my max bid will be $45.

Please help with the strategy, thank you!

Your $45 limit might be enough for a 2.5* in the Fremont-Newark zone.

Bidding 2* Fremont-Newark there's a likelihood you'll win an Extended Stay America or Homestead. There are four of them in that zone. A few bucks more could mean a big difference in quality, 2.5* vs 2*.

If you like Extended Stay though, mabye for the kitchen, or if low price is #1 then I'd suggest $36 for 2*.

For a 2.5* $40.

Those are sort of lowball bids but you have enough time to bid a dollar or two higher every 24 hours until you hit.

I do not know which zone is more expensive, so that I can have more trials by adding it.

Adding 'live zones' (those which contain star levels that you're bidding or higher) which you believe would be higher priced than the zone you really want is very riskly and i would NOT recommend doing so... especially at the lower star levels.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for the information, that's helpful. Bid from SavingsBarn.com .

I tried $35 yesterday, first 2.5* and then 2*, both failed.

Today, I tried $36, first 2.5*, failed, then 2*, got Homestead Fremont

Newark - Fremont

46080 Fremont Blvd

Fremont, California 94538

510-353-1664

Check-In Date:

Sat, Dec 22, 2007 / After 03:00 PM

Check-Out Date:

Tue, Dec 25, 2007 / 11:00 AM

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $36.00

Subtotal: $108.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $20.53

Total Charges*: $128.53

Price on the webpage is $75.

Congratulations on your win!

Glad to see you received a hotel in your desired area and at less than half price... a great deal!

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and for using the PRICELINE links at SavingsBarn.com to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]