Priceline Hotel: 2* Los Angeles (Hollywood) Ramada Plaza Hotel And Suites West Hollywood/Beverly Hills Area

coast2coast21
By coast2coast21,
in

I'm going to LA this Tuesday for a concert at the house of blues. I usually stay at the Hyatt which is literally 100 feet from the HOB, but I couldn't win it with a 3* bid upto over $100 and I called them and found out they were sold out. So now I have to get a 4* and I just bid upto $125 but no luck. I would really like to stay on Sunset...and I think the Mondrian is the only one right there. It is a couple hundred feet from House of Blues also. What are the chances that I get the Mondrian if I do end up winning a 4* in West Hollywood/Beverly Hills. I don't want to get stuck 3-4 miles away in Beverly Hills....I used all my rebidding zones so I will be rebidding tomorrow. The stay is only for one night, check-in Tuesday and check-out Wednesday.

Is this stay for tomorrow, 11/6/07?

I don' think anyone can put a percentage on your receiving the Mondrian... you should be prepared to receive any hotel in the zone.

However, this is a good example of how the 'quick search' inside the blue banner at the top of the board can come in handy... search for 'Los Angeles West Hollywood' (without the quotes) and you'll see all reported wins for this zone. Then you can easily see how often the Mondrian is awarded relative to the other 4* properties in the zone :) (doesn't seem to be a clear-cut winner, imo, and as well, 'on any given day....' a different hotel can be won).

If you're looking to target/avoid a specific hotel or area of the zone, HOTWIRE may be a better option. As well, HOTWIRE defines their zone somewhat differently than priceline (combining the Hollywood and West Hollywood areas into one)... not sure if this is a benefit for your needs or not.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Let me update what happened with this bid:

I usually get the 3* Hyatt in West Hollywood, but it was sold out for this night.

I wanted to get a 4* hotel in West Hollywood/BeverlyHills, and I went all the way up to $190, and couldn't get ANYTHING.

I bid up to $140 for a 3* in the Burbank-Glendale-Universal City zone. I've won this zone twice in the past for under $80, and I've seen it go as low as $48. I bid up to $140 and didn't get a win.

I had no choice but to get a 2* in West Hollywood (or it may have been Holllywood?) zone, and finally I got the 2* Ramada for $90.

This was the absolute worst experience I had with priceline's name-your-own-price system, I have no clue what was going on on this date which was a Tuesday night.

The one positive thing that did come out is that my 2* Ramada in Hollywood is actually a nicer hotel than the 3* Holiday Inn in Burbank that I stayed at last time.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]