Priceline Hotel: hawaii accommodation

darioc
By darioc,
in

Just started to plan my next vacation.

Got my airfares last week.

Was planning to do a cruise but prices dont look like they are going to drop since pride of hawaii is going to europe.

Thinking of staying 1 week on the mainland and 1 week in maui.

Im looking to spend around $120 US including taxes. What can i expect for this price for this time of the year?

Would it be worthwhile looking into rentals too.

Il would ideally like 4* but since hotels in the states are of a higher standard to europe then 2.5 - 3.5* would be sufficent

I would also like to stay as close to the beach as possible but not a must.

Where is best to book flights from island to island?

• 3 weeks later...
Now that i know that the crusie i wanted has sold out should i start bidding now or closer to the date for hotels/resorts??
See the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.
Im quite flexible on my dates so should i book inter-island flights before or after purchasing accommodation?
I would book accomodations before inter-island flights.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Not sure what dates to do first. My guess Maui checking in on 18th Feb for 7 nights. Checking out on the 25th.

Havent done research on specific hotels through conventional methods but prices vary. Havent spotted a price i want to pay yet.

Called some hotels direct using the Entertainment Book promotions. Prices were ok.(some where rentals) Was told that peak season will have just ended. Some websites also stated that end of febuary was not to expensive.

Did you have a web site affiliated with savingsbarn.com for rental accommodation.

Will look into rentals if i cant get a good price on priceline.

Tried my luck with a few low bids of $125 - $135 (using the savings barn link) for Maui resorts using all 3 areas and changing my dates around with no success.

I changed my dates because the westin (my target resort trying to duplicate other posters)was not available for my dates and i decided i can split my stay in waikiki

Tried 2/22-2/29 $125 (1 zone)

2/20-2/28

2/23-3/1

2/28-3/1

2/22-2/29 $130 (2 zone)

2/20-2/28

2/23-3/1

2/28-3/1

2/22-2/29 $135 (3 zone)

2/20-2/28

2/23-3/1

2/28-3/1

Advice needed please?? Im not that fussed which area and what property i end up with as long its nice and a good price.

I can't tell you if you should lower your star level or not as we each have different 'wants' from our stays... but at the Resort level i'm currently seeing rates in the $500 area thru conventional means, putting your bids at only 25% of conventionally booked rates; not a high probability bid.

We often don't even see accepted bids with rates this high (if the hotel can sell rooms on their own at $400-$500 why offer deeply discounted rates to third party vendors?)... at the Resort level i think you need to be look at least in the $150-$200 range, and perhaps north of that.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Do you want to bid up to $100 for a 3* in the Kaanapali zone first or would you prefer a less expensive hotel in one of the other zones?

PS- please use the t_reply.gif button, which is located slightly below the p_quote.gif button which you are using... this way you don't unintentionally repeat the entire previous post in a quote. Thanks.

I guess i would try bid for a cheaper hotel in other zones if the saving is substantial ie 20%

Would it be worthwhile to wait hoping prices go down in the next month or two and use my flexible dates and star ratings as a back up plan with priceline.

What would you do?? Considering i want to bid for 7 days in waikiki as well. (dates to be determined by maui accommodation)

or should i start a new thread for waikiki and start bidding

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]