Priceline Hotel: 2* Portland (Convention Center-Lloyd Center) Inn at Convention Center

Colfax
By Colfax,
in

Bidding for two nights, a Weds and Thurs, $42/2.5* and $40/2* in Convention Center-Lloyd Center were rejected. $55/2.5* in Northwest Portland also rejected.

I dropped Thursday and worked on Wednesday alone. $38 for 2* was accepted for one night, although $40 had been rejected for two. I tried Add a Night for Thursday and not surprisingly was rejected.

Inn at Convention Center was $54.50 on the night I was accepted and $89 on the night I was rejected.

At checkin I saw my paperwork between the hotel and Priceline. The hotel charged Priceline $39/night plus tax. It looks like Priceline subsidized my $38 bid with one dollar of their own.

For Thursday I was rejected at $60/2.5* in Northwest Portland. I ended up booking something on my own; no Priceline.

Bids placed through SavingsBarn.com.

Were you able to get your desired Southern exposure at this property this trip?

Yes, I did.

For the benefit of others...Portland's light rail line is immeditately north of the hotel, maybe 20-30 feet away. It's convenient having a lightrail stop across the street from the hotel, but the north facing rooms get train noise, every 10-15 minutes or so during peak hours. That's why I ask for a south facing room. And the hotel already had me preassigned to a south facing room this time. The trains aren't THAT loud and they're fun to watch, so it wouldn't ruin my stay to be on the north side. But given the choice I prefer a quieter room.

The downside to being on the hotel's south side is that their free highspeed internet connection only works in the rooms facing north. The Inn at CC's piggybacks on the Red Lion Hotel's internet connection, which is north of the Inn across the lightrail tracks.

So you have to choose...quiet room or a highspeed internet connection. You can't have both.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]