Priceline Hotel: 3* Somerset-Brunswick (Somerset-Piscataway-So Plainfiled) Plaza at Exp

erinys
By erinys,
in

I'm guessing the Edison area options, but for 8/23/07 we are looking for the cheapest 2.5* or higher option coming from the south on I-95 towards 278 going to Staten Island and Brooklyn. We'd like to be in Brooklyn as early as possible Friday, but money is more of a concern than proximity (which is why we aren't spending 2 nights in Brooklyn at the $68 rate we have for Friday). Thank you for any advice!

Minimum star is 2.5*, maximum bid is something less than $68, preferably under $50. If it's close to the $68 for the one we've booked there we'll just try to spend an extra night in Brooklyn for the same price if possible.

Anything along I-95 from Cherry Hill to Carteret (the further north, the better) is perfect as long as it's 2.5* or higher.

I'm being really cheap here to allow every penny of cash for recreation on the New York and Baltimore trips. 2.5* Comfort Inn in Brooklyn works out to $87/night with taxes. I've gotten as low as $47/night with fees on a decent 2.5* in Cherry Hill, so it looks potentially as much as a $40 difference. Appears a couple folk have gotten an Edison 3* for $45/night (guessing $59 with taxes).

I appreciate the advice to spend the extra for the convenience of one room for the whole trip, just looking for any other tips.

Thursday, 8/23-24

2.5* and up.

Looking for CHEAPEST, absolutely under $53. May stay home that night if can't beat $53. Aware of possibility of 3* upgrade in specified area and ok with that.

The further north, the better, so listed in order of preference:

Somerset-Brunswick:

Don't want this location much, but will start with Somerset - Piscataway - S. Plainfield since a number of people have gotten it for $33.

If fail, will then remove that, and move on to others starting at $37:

Carteret (only 3* available, facility seems unknown, which arouses my curiosity. Radisson perhaps?) Even likely 2* there (Holiday Inn?) looks pretty good

Edison -Woodbridge

East Brunswick-Edison

Safe rebid zone: North Brunswick as of today. Aware it could change tomorrow.

Trenton-Princeton:

South Brunswick-Cranbury

Today's safe rebids in:

Cookstown

Mt Holly

Philadelphia, PA:

Cherry-Hill-Mt Laurel

NO safe rebid zones, so no point posting in PA forum.

EDIT:

Ignore that - going to go for Carteret first. Any suggestions on what to start the bid on the 3* there?

Will follow with Edisons starting about $37 for 2.5*, move to 45* for 3*. Last with Somerset-Piscatway 3* at $33 - looks like cheapest place won in all of Jersey.

At the 3* level you have two re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* Carteret...

Bid $38, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $42, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Carteret and re-bid zone2...

Bid $46, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $50

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Trying to keep it cheap for now, went through savingsbarn.

Selected 3* Carteret

Tried to bid $38 - note that my offer had little chance of being accepted.

Made it $39 - note that my offer had little chance of being accepted.

Made it $40 - rejected, no counter offer

Didn't want to continue on this track until had tried the 2*, closed browser.

Selected 2* Cateret

Tried to bid $38 - note that my offer had little chance of being accepted.

Made it $39 - note that my offer had little chance of being accepted.

Made it $40 - rejected, no counter offer

There aren't any free rebids for a 2* in this region.

May start on Edison-Woodbridge following your same pattern in a bit, but this is how it went so far, there's always Piscataway for cheap or just driving from home Friday morn if necessary.

Carteret is a fairly new zone and its really pretty small, the only hotels that come to mind are the Radisson and Holiday Inn. There are more hotels in the Edison-Woodbridge zone and you have plenty of time, so you may want to start a new bid, you can add Carteret as a free rebid since you already know that your bids were rejected.

Good luck!

PS, if you find yourself in Staten Island heading towards Brooklyn, stop at Deninnos for some excellent thin crust pizza and calamari....its just off I-278.

3* Somerset-Brunswick (Somerset-Piscataway-South Plainfield) Somerset Plaza At Garden State Expo Center

$36 ... 8/23-24/07

My inherent cheapness got the best of me..

Used Savings barn, selected 3* Somerset - Piscataway - S. Plainfield, offered $33. Rejected, but gave counter offer to add $9.

Declined, used first rebid zone to $36 - Won.

Somerset Plaza At Garden State Expo Center

110 Davidson Avenue

Somerset, New Jersey 08873

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $36.00

Subtotal: $36.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $12.71

Total Charges*: $48.71

$40 less than we're paying for Friday night in Brooklyn!

Thanks to all for your help!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]