Hotwire Hotel: Oxnard 3* $56.00

orangecat
By orangecat,
in

Does anyone know which hotel this could be? It is offered as a three star on Hotwire,

no three star at all on Priceline. Ammenities include pool, restaurant, fitness. Did not

mention beach, so I assume it is closer to freeway. Price on Hotwire is $56.00 from

$129.00 list. Thanks. I checked for a September date, if that matters.

I put in 09/14 - 09/17. My dates are somewhat flexible- however when I

went back and checked the amount dropped one dollar to $55.00. I then

checked dates all around the 14th, and for the same hotel (I assume

by description) the price is wildly different. It appears only the 14th has

this price, which is a date I chose at random. When I check for August

(those dates won't work for me, I was just checking) the hotel doesn't

even show up. BTW, this is a Hotwire hotel, not Priceline. I put this inquiry

in the wrong area. Thanks for your help. I know the area fairly well.

The only beach hotel that might drop a price like that (that I can think

of) is Casa Serena. Thanks for any ideas.

When I check Oxnard for 9/14-9/17 I find a 3* for $56, but with more amenities than you listed.

Shuttle

Gym

Pool

Restaurant

Highspeed

Golf

Tennis

Is that the hotel you're asking about?

I can't find any Oxnard hotels in HOTWIRE Vacation Packages (which is how we usually identify hotels), but checking those dates on Expedia the only hotels I find with a restaurant and airport shuttle are the Casa Sirena and Courtyard Oxnard. Since Casa Sirena is $71.10 and Courtyard is $129 it's more likely this is Casa Sirina.

Please use the HOTWIRE link if you choose to purchase, or let us know if you have other questions.

Yes, Colfax, that is the hotel I was inquiring about. I did not list all the immenities...I now realize that is

important for your identification. I actually think it is the Courtyard, what was throwing me off was

the restaurant. I did not realize they had one. Everything else fits- even the $129.00 list price. Also,

Hotwire states that their 3* is a named hotel, which Casa Serina is not. I can not find anything

matching Casa Serina on Hotwire or Priceline. Just to be sure, I called Casa Serina and they do

have an exercise area, but no shuttle. They do have a van that can be arranged ahead of time

for driving. This information makes it all a bit iffy, but my bet is on the Courtyard. Oddly, now

through Hotwire this hotel is only showing up on Sept. 14, no other date. I think it is a fluke.

At any rate, my booking is down the road a bit, I have an ill mother who will be passing in the

next few months, and I am trying to pinpoint a hotel for all family members that fly in to use.

I will instruct all to go Betterbidding --> link to HOTWIRE or Priceline, depending on which hotel

I choose. Thanks again, Colfax.

Before posting that I thought the HOTWIRE 3* was the Sirena I checked Expedia, which said the Sirena has a comlimentary airport shuttle. I just checked again and it still says that. Maybe the Sirena dropped their shuttle and didn't tell Expedia? :)

Most of Hotwire's hotels are from large familiar chains like Holiday Inn and Hilton but there are also a lot of independent properties and small chains participating. A hotel like the Sirena could easily come up.

If Expedia has bad info and the Sirena doesn't have a shuttle then you're right....it's probably the Courtyard. If you purchase we're interested to hear which hotel it is. Sometimes those Hotwire "List Prices" match the real website rate but not always.

I'm sorry to hear about your mother.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]