Priceline Hotel: 3* Portland (Downtown) Doubletree Lloyd Center

vayla
By vayla,
in

Got this for my folk as well. Looks like I slightly overpaid, but was hoping for the Residence Inn. First bid $55 for a 4* and was rejected. Changed star level to 2-1/2 and bid $42 which is what someone else got for the Residence Inn. Got upgraded to the Doubletree Lloyd Center -- I hate when that happens! At least it wasn't the Red Lion -- my Mom is picky.:)

Used SavingsBarn.com. Thanks BB.

Doubletree Hotel And Exec. Meeting Center Portland-Lloyd Center 3-star

Downtown Portland

1000 North East Multnomah

Portland, Oregon 97232

503-281-6111

Check-In Date:

Mon, Jun 4, 2007 / After 03:00 PM

Check-Out Date:

Wed, Jun 6, 2007 / 12:00 PM

Amenities: Remote control TV w/ premium channels Radio Alarm Clock Business services Telephone w/ voicemail Iron and ironing board Hairdryer 24 hour front desk Restaurant Room service

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $42.00

Subtotal: $84.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $18.55

Total Charges*: $102.55

Rates are actually quite high at this property for these dates so this is really a GREAT deal.

It may not be the Residence Inn, but hopefully she'll at least be impressed with the cookies :)

Thanks for sharing your win and for placing your bids thru the SavingsBarn.com PRICELINE links.

Hope they enjoy their stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

That is very funny! :)

When we stayed at that Doubletree in 2002 for $27 we were thrilled (especially when they didn't charge us for parking). But my mom was dissatisfied with the Benson after I got her a great deal there last year. :) (Haven't stayed there myself, but I always heard that it was the nicest hotel in Portland).

I've had good and bad stays at the Lloyd Center Doubletree. It depends what room you get. Some of the rooms in the older tower are small and have no view. But a west facing room in on a high floor of the newer tower will be larger with an inspiring view of downtown and the West Hills. It seems a while ago the Doubletree was offering Priceliners an upgraded (i.e. larger) room for a fee, like $20? I'm not sure if that's still the arrangement. If your mom is "picky" the upgrade might be worthwhile. Priceliners at the Benson often get very small rooms too.

I won't tell your mother that the Doubletree used to be a Red Lion.

• 3 weeks later...

i hate it too- being upgraded from 2.5 to 3* especially when it's the DT inn Lloyd Ctr.

that's why i never bid D/T portland anymore. DT inn treats PL customers 2nd class citizens.

don't be too happy about the price you get b/c you have to factor in the $15-$20 nite parking charge they gouge you with. just park on the the street adjacent to hotel (free after 5pm-8am).

Got a report back from my Dad and he says they talked him into a $10 a night upgrade -- but the room didn't have a nice view or anything. Later after our conversation, he complained in a friendly manner about the parking charges to the front desk and they said they would cancel those charges. Then he threw in a complaint about the upgrade fee and how the room didn't even have a view and when he got the bill, those charges had been removed as well. It certainly seems as if everything is negotiable (if you talk to the right person).

Thanks for the advice about parking on the street!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]