Priceline Hotel: 3* San Diego (Mission Valley) Doubletree

kunsjc
By kunsjc,
in

My husband and I are going to visit the San Diego Zoo and Sea World. And want to stay in someplace which is close to those two places and airport.

I tried to bid 2* in either OldTown or MissionValley for $44/per night. But I am failed. I still have some time and can keep bidding. Maybe someone here can give me some suggestion, like how much is reasonable?

Thanks.

Your dates are a weekend during peak season so I think $44 is probably too low.

Hotwire has a 2* in SeaWorld-Mission Bay for $79 or a 2* in Mission Valley for $94. Priceline can usually beat Hotwire.

I would try to $50 or $55 for a 2* now. If that doesn't work wait about 2 weeks. In 2 weeks we should have more reports about what kinds of bids are being accepted for June dates. Good luck!

The Sorrento Mesa zone that Jasmine suggested is about 16 freeway miles from SeaWorld, per MapQuest.

The reason some people like to bid for 2.5* in the Sorrento Mesa zone is that the Country Inn that usually comes up there is a modern hotel with free parking and free breakfast. Bidding Old Town, Downtown, or Mission Valley you might or might not win a hotel that charges to park, which isn't included in the Priceline fee. And few hotels in those closer in zones offer free breakfast.

The tradeoff for guaranteed free parking and breakfast is the longer commute.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]