Priceline Hotel: 3* Albuquerque (Midtown) Park Plaza Hotel

already30
By already30,
in

:)

Through a series of bids & rebids, I just won the Park Plaza Hotel Albuquerque, listed as a 3***

Interestingly enough, Priceline doesn't have any recent reviews on this hotel.

The recent ones I have found (most recent being Travelocity within the last month) are reeealllly bad -- locks not working, dirty, rude, loud parties.

I called Priceline with small hopes-- no help. I can call Priceline when I get to the hotel and report problems and they'll talk to the hotel and maybe the hotel will give me a refund.

Is there anything I can do, or did I just lose this time?

I did use the savingsbarn.com link, as I have before. Never have posted but have found some great help here before!!

Oh -- sorry. In my frantic crisis mode, I didn't realize this info was necessary.

here goes:

Topic Title: 3* Park Plaza Hotel Albuquerque (Midtown)

First bid of $35 for ABQ north was rejected. Re-bid adding Midtown. Rejected. Added Santa Ana. Rejected. Upped to $40 and accepted. Used SavingsBarn.com.

Congratulations, you got your price of $40 for a 3-star hotel room.

Park Plaza Hotel Albuquerque

Albuquerque Midtown

2500 Carlisle Blvd NE

Albuquerque, NM 87110

Check-In Date: Thurs, April 19, 2007

Check-In Time: After 03:00 PM

Check-Out Date: Friday, April 20, 2007

Check-Out Time: 12:00 PM

Your Offer Price: $40.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $40.00

Taxes and

Service Fees: $12.56

Total Charges: $52.56

So, I've calmed down but I'm still concerned.

I've always been happy with my Priceline rooms before and I don't get thrown off by some negative reviews. But there is nothing good to be said about this place anywhere in the recent past that I can find.

I think Priceline just hasn't stayed on top of this one.

Still would appreciate feedback if there's anything I can do then what they're saying via email/phone (see first post.)

TIA

Thank you for sharing your win and for using the PRICELINE links at SavingsBarn.com

Please post all your wins (not just the ones you have problems with) as it really is one of the lifelines of the board.

If you try Priceline again i would show them the reviews. They may not do much, but at least if you do have a problem you have a record of speaking up before your arrival.

If you have problems during your stay i would speak to the hotel management about it and give them a chance to correct the situation. If you're not happy with the room your asisgned, or things in the room don't work, point it out to management and ask to be moved and/or have the items fixed.

For $40 it will hopefully be ok... if not, take some of the money saved and enjoy a nicer meal than you otherwise would, have a nice glass/bottle of wine (if you drink) that you ordinarily wouldn't order, and use the room as a place to sleep for one nite.

Good luck and please post a review in our Hotel Review forum upon your return.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes...I will work to be a more faithful contributor back to the board. Thanks for what you do here. I know it's helped me get some great hotels at great prices.

If it was just me or DH, I wouldn't be so worried about it. This time, however, I'm going with a friend and I assured her that I would get a good hotel on Priceline. So it's a pride issue.

So, I won't expect her to stay somewhere unpleasant. If it's as terrible as what I'm fearing, then I'll be out $50 and we'll go someplace else. I know I've saved more then $50 getting hotels this way, so I'll manage

I'll keep you posted on my experience. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]