BZN Full Size Rental

goodricb
By goodricb,
in

I am looking for a Full Size rental car at BZN for 2/17-2/24.

The best I could find was avis for 155, $176 with taxes.

Starting by using Savingsbarn.com, I tried bidding fairly low at 13/day and 14/day ($131 total) with no luck. What is usually a good rule of thumb for rental car bids? I was trying 75% of the best price I could find. for hotels I ususally do 60% of the best price I can find. I have some time and made a back-up reservation.

thoughts? thanks for any help

I don't think there is a good rule of thumb other than to bid somewhat below your best available alternative rate. In some areas 75% may be an overbid, in others it wouldn't have a chance. (same applies to hotels... i never recommend a standard xx% off of traditional rates... it differs from area to area).

How much would you need to save to make having an opaque purchase make sense? (ie- not choosing rental company, non-refundability, etc)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

It changes for rental cars and also the airport. I usually book my rental car after the airline which is almost always non-refundable. The difference in IN terminal and Off terminal can be significant depending on the airport. Though I would guess that if I could save 10% it would still be worth it.

I tried $15/day for a total of $140.10 which was rejected.

I tried $16/day for a total of $148.53 which was rejected.

I suppose I am getting close to my own 90% cut-off of $158.4.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]