NY NYC Doubletree Metropolitan Hotel MTE

Margie
By Margie,
in

Won the hotel on PL (thanks to help given here :) ) for $110 for 4 nights, 2 rooms for a very busy November 2003 weekend. The hotel will undergo renovations in 2004, but we found our (pre-renovation) rooms more than acceptable. For those worried about being assigned to the "pet floor", don't give it another thought - they have discontinued it. Our rooms were on the police station side of the hotel, but we never heard a thing. Our clean room had a large TV cabinet with a mini fridge behind the bottom doors, a large desk area, 2 chairs with a small table, 2 night stands and a comfortable king-sized bed. There were plenty of hangers in the closet, the iron was in working order as was the hair dryer. The bath was VERY clean, good water pressure, plenty of towels, soap and the standard amenities. Card key worked fine, staff was very helpful and friendly. Check in took about 2 minutes, we had arrived very early and was told that our rooms would be ready at noon - we left our luggage in the locked storage area, headed out for breakfast/shopping and found everything as promised upon our return at noon. Very convenient location, close to bus and subway plus you can walk to many sights. There are several options within walking distance for affordable eating including Oxford Cafe, Cosi, Essa Bagel (good bagels, but lousy coffee!) and Pain Quotidien. We had a great experience at this hotel and I would certainly stay there again given the opportunity.

• 1 year later...

I stayed at the NY Metropolitan Doubletree on Lexington (MTE). I bid for the hotel on PL about a week before my one night stay on 9/9/05, and won it for $135 for this 3* (even though other areas were much higher at the time!).

Apparently this hotel has been recently renovated, and it showed. Our room was immaculate and very nice. Another great thing was lots of storage. There is a bureau in the room--half of it has 3 drawers for storage, but the other half (which usually has the fridge/mini bar which this room did not have), had some additional storage shelves. The bathroom was nice--very clean, large bathtub, and a wide vanity. It was an open cabinet style, and there was a shelf running under it--another place to store hairdryer/make up kit etc and not have to use the floor on the vanity itself. We had a K bed, and a bench and a chaise lounge. A nice sized NYC room.

We checked in before 3pm and they had a room ready for us. I indicated that it was my daughter's 7th bday and did they have any type of "view" room of the city. They didn't really, but she did make sure ours faced the street, and not another building, so that worked for us. I told her that I didn't care if we had one bed or two. She said that we were given a queen, but could look into two beds. I told her that my daughter wanted to sleep with me anyway, and when I got to the room, she had given us a King--an upgrade over the "standard" room at this hotel. The bed was very comfortable. We were on the 5th floor, so we had some street noise, but it wasn't too bad. We were also given a room right by the elevator, but I didn't hear hallway noise and there was no elevator noise.

The location was great. About 10 blocks from Grand Central, and two other subway stations on the block of the hotel. We walked to and from 5th avenue shopping and Times Square. We ate at the Metro Cafe which is right out the main door, and had a great selection of breakfast items, sandwiches, soup etc.

The only drawback is the outside doesn't do justice to the refurbished rooms, and is kind of a let-down. The lobby is small, but there is a nice seating area. There is also a hotel bar, which we didn't go to, but on Friday night there were many 20 and 30 somethings in there.

I would stay again.

thereuare: If this is the Metropolitan Doubletree Hotel, can you indicate that in the heading? I think it will be easier to find with the full name. If not, repost this as a new hotel. For some reason, I get boggled reading through the lists.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]