Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTE) InterContinental The Barclay

erinys
By erinys,
in

The 8th seems to be the end of the fashion accessory show at the JJ Center, and I'd bid all possible permutations of Downtown, MTW, & CPS to $171, and MTE to $161 over 2 days. Our 3.5* UWS backup was the equivalent of $188/night with fees. Finally threw everything but MTS into the pot for $175, and got Intercontinental the Barclay.

We probably could have done it for less if we'd moved the trip a day later, but this is really better. Never stayed on the east side before since it seems easiest to hit Christopher St/Sheridan Sq from the West side, but we're open to the new experience, for half of retail when lowest list is $369! Hope I did the savingsbarn thing properly on each bid.

Glad to see your success on the last attempt.

This is a nice hotel and i think you'll be quite happy here.

Try to check out Ess-A-Bagel one morning for breakfast which is near your hotel (51st St and Third Ave) and has one of the city's best bagels... makes for a great and inexpensive breakfast.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE links at SavingsBarn.com for your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for the breakfast tip - prices at the hotel seem high, so it's great to know what else is around!

Prices on everything in the hotel are high. (But it is NYC so its not just this hotel) I looked at ordering room service. Breakfast for one with coffe and all of the room service fees was around $60. I loved the breakfast buffett in the hotel but it is expensive. Parking is $45/day.

This is purely out of sheer, pointless curiousity, but why are rates in NYC so high the night of Tues 8/8?

If it were just the end of the Accessories show, I'd think rooms would have sold out well in advance, but at On the Ave on the UWS where we've stayed several times, basic rooms were readily available a week ago for $179 and are now completely booked at $229. I realize this is a Priceline forum, but for comparison the cheapest (and only) 4* Hotwire room is $411 Tuesday, but Thursday is $142, Wed $316, and Mon $214. A month ago Le Parker Meridien could be had for $165 through Hotwire for these dates. All the Hilton properties are booked, as are nearly all the ICs. Is there any reason to expect the city to be crazy-busy Tuesday and/or Wednesday?

I'm feeling really lucky we got in at $175.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]