Priceline Hotel: Getting to Yankee Stadium

cld1225
By cld1225,
in

We are planning to attending a Yankee's game on September 2nd. That is the primary reason for the trip so hotel location is really based on the conveniency to the stadium. We would prefer to not drive to the game. Can you suggest the best hotel location and the best mode of transportation? Thank you for your help.

Easy. Take the Subway. End of story. It is an expereince and safe both before and immediately after teh game, though I would not hang around the stadium more than one hour after the game. In Manhattan, if you stay on the west side, take the D train. If you stay on the east side, take the 4 train. The subway stops at 161st, a stone's throw from the Stadium. In fact, you can see through into the right field corner as the train approaches the station.

If you REALLY want to limited walking, take a hotel next to a subway station (consult a good NYC map). OTOH, most hotels are only a couple of blocks from a station if you stay near Broadway (west) and Park/Lex (east).

I agree with the above: Subway... and therefore it doesn't really matter where in Manhattan (within reason) you stay.

If you'd like help with a bidding strategy please let us know the particulars of your stay (dates, acceptable zones, maximum bid, minimum star rating).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for the above information. That helps alot!! We are coming to New York on Friday September 1st and leaving on the 3rd. I know that it is Labor Day weekend so I expect rates to be high. I have already bid up to $160.00 per night (4 star ) on priceline and was rejected (that was wishful thinking!) but Im hesitant to book a 3 star because of the mixed reviews. Would staying in NJ be a better option? We are aiming for under $200 per night. Thank you again for your help.

Sorry, I forgot to mention the zone: Midtown West. Once I was rejected, I thought it might be a good idea to do some more research (like coming to this great site!!) before trying again.

I checked hotwire and the 4 star in Jersey City is $190

4 star MTE Customer Favorite is $229

4 star MTC Customer Favorite is $241

3 star MTE Customer Favorite is $172

Should I assume that priceline rates will about the same?

I would reckon that you would be able to get a winning bid within your budget in MTE zone. Priceline normally "pitches" in a bit under Hotwire (but not always).

I will leave some of the locals to advise on the best options but I think you are in the right sort of zone for scoring at 4*.

Do I understand correctly that MTW is your preferred choice?

yes staying in jersey would be a much cheaper option.

You could stay in Hoboken somewhere and the Path into the city is right there.. but then you would have to take the subway from NYC and that could be like 45 mins to yankee stadium from your hotel.

Staying in the city mid-week easily costs upward from 200.

you're talking about one of the most expensive cities to live in here :-P.. at $2000 rent per month for a medocre 1 bedroom aprtment.

I'd keep looking though... queens can be much cheaper than Manhattan. 200 is still pretty cheap for New York. 160 is DIRT cheeap.ap..

I am doing the exact same thing as the original poster. All the hotels I normally stay at have ridiculous rates this weekend for some reason. I've never used priceline before and am scared to go with a three star rating as some three stars I have stayed at have been great and some have been awful.

Do you think I could find a 4 star (anywhere in city) for under 200 a night? I've never used priceline like I said. I don't care about too much other than being somewhat close to a subway stop.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]