Priceline Hotel: 3* NYC Airports (Airport Laguardia LGA) Marriott

dahammer
By dahammer,
in

started my same day bidding using savingsbarn.com, selected the LGA zone and opened with a $90 bid. Room inventory seemed tight for a Monday night in this area, so increased the bids by $10 up to $120. Made one final bid at $130, thought it would not be accepted and was contemplating a stragtegy at the 2.5* level, when I got the "Congratulations, you got your price of $130 for a 3-star hotel room" screen.

Your Offer Price: $130.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $30.97

Total Charges: $160.97

this is probably my highest Priceline bid ever, add $22 for parking, ouch! The rate on Marriott's website is $319, so I guess I'm pretty pleased with the win. Hotwire had a 2* for $138 (Shuttle, Comp. Breakfast, Fitness) Now, if I can only find that Korean BBQ restaurant that uses real charcoal...... :)

Looks like this is the place:

Jang Tuh Sutbulgui

136-93 37th Ave

Flushing, NY 11354

Because I was dining alone, they did not fire up the grill in my table, but prepared my Kalbi in the kitchen. It was pretty good and I would go back. There is a big municipal lot across the street a bargain at $1.00 per hour. The Picnic Garden is on Northern Blvd., this is a Buffet, several types of raw meat including Beef, Chicken, Pork, Lamb, Sausage, Bacon (pork belly?), Squid. Grill it at your table, wrap in lettuce, enjoy. Several cold salads, Kimchee, Miso Soup, and Dumplings, Chicken Wings, Dried Fish as well.

Bacon (pork belly?)

That would be fresh pork belly (not smoked) it is what bacon is made from.

It is to bad that you did not get to cook your own Kalbi. I would have been very disapointed if mine had been cooked in the back. Comming from the south there is nothing like meat cooked over a natural fire.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]