Priceline Hotel: Chicago MP/Loop NMA July 21-23 rejects

nick5
By nick5,
in

Chicago MP/Loop NMA July 21-23 rejects up to 130.00 and I have tried several different days using typical sucessful bidding style. Then tonight, I decided I better get a back up room going so did EasyClickTravel from Betterbidding's link and they even said that I would have to wait 48 hours to see if there is a room at the price they have set. It is the Palmer Hilton (used Reverse EasyClickTravel to pinpoint which Hotel as it is an Off the Record room) and was 286.00 for two nights and that includes fees. So I still do not have a confirmed room yet. We are meeting friends from England so it is not a matter of changing dates or I would.

Just thought I'd toss this out there incase others are looking waiting for this weekend to open up for bidding. Get a cancelable back up hotel if you can. I have never had a problem winning a resonable bid for Chicago.

Maybe there is something going on in town I don't know about.

Cheryl

Last Summer seemed tighter and more expensive at Chicago hotels and this ear seems just as bad. There are slow patches where rates are more reasonable (this weekend isn't bad), but there are also heavier traffic dates and, unfortunately, that week in July seems heavier than usual.

Hopefully the Palmer reservation will come through and keep trying with Priceline - hopefully something will be accepted.

I really do need to get a room for both July 21st and 22nd.

AND There is a major soccer playoffs for 11-14 year olds that weekend in the downtown parks. (that's not way we are staying, we are meeting friends from England.

So.....................

Can anyone please help me with any suggestions for a place? My priceline bids have been rejected all the way up to 150.00 and that is my budget. I see many hotels are filled so I don't have much hope of priceline releasing any rooms. I did try Easyclicktravel but they had me wait 48 hours for a confirmaiton then wrote and told me their allotment of rooms were sold out and the hotel will not release any other.

So,, anybody? Ideas?? or if we have to stay outside of downtown chicago, can you suggest area? I'm a die hard priceline gal but this time it just did not work for me. :)

Cheryl

Palmer reservation with EasyClickTravel Travel did not work out. They said they could not get Palmer to release them any rooms. So, now I'm back to looking for a place to stay. I'm thinking it will have to be in an outlaying area. I wonder if O'hare area is an option? or if there is a better area to be looking for rooms in. I'm not that familar with any of the outlaying areas so dont' really have a clue where to start looking. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for your relpy Aaron. As you suggested, it is a heavy weekend, seems the Major is hosting soccer playoffs and so over 400 teams are coming in for Sat and Sunday.

I'm getting a bit worried as our plans are already made,, just no pillows to put our heads. :)

Cheryl

Would you split your stay?

You can have:

7/21 Affinia Chicago for $192/nite

7/22 Palmer House for $124/nite

This comes to $158/nite, and given there is no booking fee, it's only about $2 more per nite than a $150 priceline bid.

If you go with the above, please start each purchase with the corresponding link above.

Let us know if that works for you.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hey there, thereuare!

Thanks for the suggestion. A split is just something hubby is not willing to do. He was dragging heals to begin with as he is not that social and it was to be a weekend to meet up with my friends from England. Hubby is staying home now because we could not turn it into a "trip, trip". So now the plan is for me to take airplane into O

Thanks ever so much. I will try it now and report back the results. Right now, as long as the sheets are clean and hubby does not have to re-park. (his issue with the split idea) I would be very happy to get the Hilton.

Once again, thanks Sandy, I'll report back.

cheryl

Thereuare, do you have a link you would rather I use. Otherwise I use the easyclicktravel search button listed under "Our Exclusive (Free) Tools"

Let me know, and I always use the Savingbarn link for priceline.

I am also trying to get rooms for that weekend. I found a rate of $127 at Comfort Inn and Suites on Ohio. I have never used EasyClickTravel before. When I click on your link I see 2 hotels for $124. Is one of these Hilton? How do I know which one? Sorry if these are stupid questions. Just don't know. TIA.

One more thing. ... Does anyone know which is better Comfort Inn or the HIlton?

Use the EasyClickTravel Reverse Look Up Tool. Please use our EasyClickTravel link if you go this route.

I would assume the Hilton to be higher rated, but if you do book the Comfort Suites, please note that we are an affiliate and you can use this Comfort Suites link to begin your purchase, which is also found in our Support Page.

Let us know which you decide to go with.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your help. I did bid on through your website for what I believed to be the Hilton Towers (using the reverse look up thing), but at the end it came up that I am bidding on the Palmer House? Doen't matter as I would be happy with either. They will let me know.

STLMADDI, I hope the Palmer has changed room allotment and you do get it. I was told they would notify me for the 21-22 and 2 days later they said they were unable to confirm rooms. I just did the easychick travel again with the Hilton (thanks again Sandy) and now I"m waiting for them to get back to me if they are able to get rooms or not. With it being a much bigger hotel, I"m keeping my fingers crossed. I'll let you know when I find out, incase Palmer turns down the request. BUT if Palmer does not,, I hear the lobby is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Cheryl

ps, thanks for the hand holding thereuare, I'll keep you posted.

I will still continue to do some priceline bidding incase they do release some rooms closer to the dates. And of course, I will report all winning bids at BETTERBIDDING as this place is Number ONE!! No way could we have ever helped each other out, in a thread like this, any other place. Thanks again Thereuare for the outstanding job you do with this site.

Don't be afraid of the El. If you get an O'Hare hotel with an airport shuttle, you can pick up the blue line inside the airport and that will drop you off on Dearborn Ave right in the middle of the loop downtown. Takes about 45 minutes.

If you take Amtrak in, you can walk three blocks south to pick up the blue line at Clinton and that will take you directly to O'Hare.

When you have firm plans, let us know and I (or AaronJB :) ) can help you with directions.

Thanks Mike and Aaron and everyone else!

FINALLY have a room downtown Chicago July 21 & 22nd!

EasyClickTravel Travel confirmed after a 48 hour hold on the request.

Hilton Chicago on S. Michigan Ave

Total for 2 nights

So, thank-you, each and everyone that helped me with securing a room. I would be very surprised if priceline released anyrooms as many are sold out for the July 22nd weekend. 400 teams are in town to play soccer. :)

Cheryl

Having a hell of a time for that time period as well. I have the Wyndham O'Hare on 19 July for $70.

However, I need one room downtown on 20 July, and 2 rooms 21 July. The way this is shaping up, I may be in Racine. I've tried $90 for everything 2.5* and up, no dice.

Try again tomorrow I guess.

caneesq,

Can you please share your Wyndham win with the board as a new topic so that others can see it by scanning the topic titles and be able benefit from the information. This will also enable it to appear as a 'recent' win in our priceline maps.

If you would like help with your own stay please start a NEW TOPIC for that stay as well.

Thanks.

You could try easyclicktravel using REVERSE easyclicktravel link provided here at betterbidding. They list "by request" off the record properties for 142.00, the Palmer and the Hilton on Michigan Ave. Palmer has rejected the request of EasyClickTravel, but Hilton has accepted. You could try booking the Hilton (use reverse link to check which property is Hilton) then they will let you know in 48 hours if they were able to secure a room for you. That is what I had to do. Ohare priceline 4* rooms seem to be accepting bids 55.00 and that was my plan to go to that next if EasyClickTravel said no. IT's a thought.

wishing the best, I know how you are feeling.

report back,

cheryl

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]