Priceline Travel Insurance

jenndon
By jenndon,
in

I know that someone had asked if people purchased this, what it covered etc. I thought I would share my recent experience.

I usually do purchase it. You can look at what's covered--basically your sickness or travelling companion's sickness or that of your immediate family. Because I have young children and probably wouldn't leave on a leisure trip if they were sick, I figure that $5 is a good investment on a $200 hotel room that is otherwise completely refundable.

So, I was supposed to go to NYC this week with a visiting friend. Her mother got hospitalized and is now on life support, so she ended her trip early. This will be covered by the insurance, but only if her mother's doctor fills out the form, or we show a death certficate. This is the last thing my friend wants to deal with, so now I'm sort of stuck either pushing the issue with her, or eating the $240.

I knew the rules beforehand, and if it was me, I'd do it, but I don't feel like necessarily pushing this on my friend. I still don't know if I'll buy it in the future. If my child was sick, I could easily take the form with me to the doctor.

Just thought this might help others considering buying it.

• 1 month later...

Late reply but could you ask your own family doctor to fill out the forms. I know I have a good relationship with my doctor and she would more than likely fill out that the travel plans documents because the trip had to be canceled due to illness. And if by chance your friends mother did pass away, send in the obiturary with the document.

just a thought,

cheryl

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]