Counter

aglinka
By aglinka,
in

It happens randomly and Priceline will present you with a screen along the lines of "we couldn't find you a room at $xx. Usually you have to change part of your bid to try again, but if you are willing ot increase your bid by $xx we will let you try again immediately."

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I do believe it's random, but you're bid must be somewhat close. For instance, if you bid $1 i don't think you would ever get a counter, "if you raised your bid by $75...".

I guess i should clarify and say that perhaps it's random for all bids within $xx dollars of success. There is some randomness to it because we have seen users get countered, turn it down and bid again using a re-bid zone, and win by only raising $1. On the otherhand we've seen users not get countered, raise $1, and then get accepted. I have also seen similar bids places hours from each other, and one user will get a counter-offer, the other will not!

So i don't think one will get always get a counter offer simply for being $xx away from a winning bid.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]