Priceline newby: SEA to MSN

Meadowbrookmanor
By Meadowbrookmanor,
in

Greetings from a first-time poster.

We've never had occasion to use Priceline or Hotwire before, but my wife has to fly to Wisconsin on short notice due to an illness in the family (leaving around the 14th, staying for about a week).

We have a little flexibility if need be on dates, as long as she's there at least from the 15th-18th when her assistance is necessary. I imagine the flexibility is an advantage, but the sheer glut of options/possibilities is overwhelming.

What might be a reasonable bid to fly from Seattle to Madison this time of year? Does anyone have any other, more general advice for a newby? I looked into "regular" fares using Kayak and Mobissimo, and it looked like flights into "nearby" airports (MSP the cheapest) could get significantly cheaper, but would require a car-rental - which ends up making it a wash (if she flies into Madison, she doesn't need a car).

Thanks in advance for any help!

MSN is Madison, right? O'Hare would be closer than MSP. 2-3 hour drive, as I recall. I'm seeing direct flights SEA-ORD as low as $312 (United, 5/13-5/20).

Cheapest I'm seeing SEA-MSN (with one stop) is $464 (Delta 5/14-5/21).

Southwest to the other Chicago airport SEA-MDW (non-stop out, 1 stop back) as low as $270 (leave any day 5/9-5/14, return 5/23). That adds up to an hour of driving tho.

You could also run either of the first two scenarios through hotwire and see what offers pop up. Also, you could then use that as a guideline and bid significantly lower on priceline. Just make sure you understand how flexible hotwire and priceline require you to be about times/flights.

Good luck. Let us know what you do.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]