Priceline Hotel: bidding help

finchon
By finchon,
in

The link I provided above explains how to get into Manhattan from the various New Jersey zones. The most popular is the Jersey City zone.

If you go to the New Jersey Priceline forum on this site, you can see the wins people have had in those zones.

If you decide which zones will work for you, we can suggest a bidding strategy, if you'd like. But you need to decide which commuting options work for you.

Another potential is Connecticut. I just stayed in the Norwalk zone for $46 and it's 45-55 minutes on the train into Manhattan. See this thread for details of my trip.

You have to look at the total cost of your trip tho, including all parking and train charges, then decide how much you're willing to bid.

Let us know your zones, quality levels, and $ maximum bid, and we can help you with a strategy.

You won't get the Hyatt Regency Jersey City for anything close to $50 for all 3 nights, as the prepaid rates are:

Sun $199.00

Mon $149.00

Tues $279.00

Hotwire has a 3* MTC for around $123.

I think you need to reconsider your maximum amount, or you will only be able to afford staying in a dormitory style hotel with a shared bath in New York City.

The PATH works 24/7. If you were willing to bid $70 in Manhattan, why wouldn't you try to bid $70 in Jersey City? Look at all the wins in JC and use that as a guideline as what the hotels are willing to accept. Also remember that is the Memorial Day long weekend. There will be extra tourists in the area too, so getting a hotel room for less is harder to do.

New York is the most expensive city in North America. You are going to have to budget for that. If wanting to be close to the action is that much more important to you, then you are going to have to pay for that convenience. PATH will take out about 20-30 minutes of your time, but if you can get a good hotel room at a good price in JC, then I would do so.

Proud to be Canadian!

Hi I am looking for a bidding strategy for a *2or *3 if necessary would go down to *2.5

Looking to stay jersy city. hotel..what are the more common bidding to this area?

My dates are 5/28 checkin - 5/31check out

Will getting a room under $50 be possible?

Any help would be great!