Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (Millenium-Loop-Grant Park) Renaissance

oharelarry
By oharelarry,
in

Hotwire is showing what appears to be the Sheraton (3.5*, Mag Mile/Wacker Drive; Pool/Restaurant/Fitness/Business) for $222 for 5/3-5/6.

Do you have to be at the Sheraton? (for a convention, etc.)

EasyClickTravel has what appears to be the W Lakeshore for $189 ("Off the Record", *****, River North/Mag Mile, $189.71) - that's only a few blocks away from where the Sheraton is.

Given the prices, I don't think that bids in the neighborhood of $85 will be accepted for a 4*.

What's your max in terms of hotel per night?

Hopefully we can help find you a place for these nights.

Given the prices mentioned above this may be a tough win at these levels.

You have two re-bid zones when bidding 4* in Chicago.

Select 4* Loop...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* NMA...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Loop and NMA...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $103, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

All three should be done in one shot in the order posted.

You could stop after the first two if you didn't want to bid so high (or some other reason), but you wouldn't want to resume withe the third section after a few days, you would want to start from the beginning again.

I think you have the re-bidding down, but if you need further assistance you can ask questions and read this: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I did the PL strategy and failed. I will try again in 24 hours or so. May need to raise what I'm willing to spend to stay at least close to the Sheraton.

I have tried several times to use the EasyClickTravel features on this site and can never get the window to stay, even with using the CNTRL button.

I went directly to the EasyClickTravel site and found what seems to be an interesting, lower priced comparison, Wanted to see if you had a guess as to which property this is.

Have tried the PL strategy as outlined every 24 hours. Have even raised the last limit to $118 without success. Have one more try tomorrow before I have to make a decision about Sheraton reservation at $195.00.

I see on Easy Click that Hotel 71 is available for $149.00. Based on all I have read it is an alternative I could live with and is about 1/2 mile from the Sheraton.

Any final thoughts?

I was down to the wire for the deadline to cancel my backup reservation at the Sheraton Chicago Hotel and Towers ($195.00/night).

Even though my PL bids had to be bumped up considerably, I got the Renaissance Chicaho Hotel for $144.00/night through the link at SavingsBarn.com. Looking at the location I can certainly walk from there. You saved me a total of $165.64 for threee nights.

Thank you for your help and patience! :)

I'm posting this late, but if you were thinking of the sheraton on the river (and *not* actually on Michigan Ave but a couple blocks east), that hotel almost never hits on PL.

As you may be aware it's a bit nicer than the usual downtown Chicago PL 4*s. You never had a chance at it, honestly.

Congratulations on your win!

Glad to hear this works well for your plans and at the wire you had success... savings a nice amount of cash in the process.

Do you recall the amount of your previously rejected bid right before this $144 acceptance?

Thanks for using the SavingsBarn.com links to begin your bidding and have a great stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]