Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Philadelphia (Historic District-Waterfront) Sheraton Society Hill

jillSF
By jillSF,
in

Last night I essentially did the same thing as this Priceline Philadelphia post and had no luck! :) I was trying for a 4* in downtown hoping to get the Hyatt Regency, Penn's Landing. My travel dates to Philly are June 16-19 and my strategy on Priceline was as follows:

Started off with Downtown Philly, selected 4* and a $75 bid-- rejected

Next, added one zone (Cherry Hill) increased bid to $78--rejected

Added another zone (City Line) and increased bid to $82--rejected

Added another zone (Gloucester, etc) and increased bid to $87--rejected

Added another zone (Philly Airport) and increased bid to $93--rejected

Added another zone (Stadium Area) and increased bid to $100--rejected

Added another zone (Trevose/Bensalem) and increased bid to $108--rejected

I added my last free rebid zone (University Area) and increased my bid to the maximum I wanted to bid for a 4* property in downtown Philly: $112 and I was rejected!!!!

What to do now? Wait 72 hours and try this again OR try bidding on a 3* and hope I get the Sheraton? I'm fairly new to this so I could use some advice.

Thanks.

The re-bid period is now 24 hours (a recent change from the previous 72 hours).

What is your maximum bid? How much more is a 4* worth to you than a 3*? Are there any 3* properties reported that you wouldn't want to stay at?

If you check a sub-set of your dates (6/16-6/18) you'll see that the Hyatt shows as sold-out, so occupancy levels (and prices) are likely high... so a low chance that they are offering deeply discounted rates to the opaque suppliers this far in advance of your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your advice. I've looked at the list of 3* hotels in downtown and the only one I'm really interested in is the Sheraton Society Hill but there's no guarantee that I would get that one. SO, another alternative...I just checked out Hotwire and it is listing a 3.5* in Historic District - Waterfront for $125. I'm assuming this is the Sheraton so I might go for it. Any thoughts or opinions on the Sheraton?

The listing says:

Hotel Amenities

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Pool(s)

Property offers at least one pool area; hours and dates of operation may be seasonal.

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

You can book the Sheraton directly on their website for $110/nite and one of the $110/nite offers comes with a $50 credit towards incidentals... seems like a better deal than the above, and no risk of the hotel not being the Sheraton :)

Let us know your thoughts and please use the link in this post if you go that route.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

That's strange. Earlier today, I went to the Sheraton site and the lowest rate they were offering was $199. I'll try again, using the link above. Is there a particular place on their website you went to to get the $110 rate? I'll try again right now and will let you know how it turns out.

Thanks.

The $110 rate was for the Sheraton Philadelphia City Center Hotel not the Sheraton Society Hill Hotel. It's odd because they don't show any pictures of this hotel and I tried doing a google search and can't seem to find any pictures or reviews of it anywhere (besides the description on the Sheraton site) so I'm not sure if it's a nice hotel or not.. :) O'well. Maybe I'll just do the hotwire thing.

Thanks for looking into this. Because I was anxious about booking today, I ended up going with the Hotwire 3.5* in Historic Waterfront for $125/night. Itt ended up being the Sheraton Society Hill like I thought! This will be my first trip to Philly so I hope the hotel works out (b/c there's obviously no way for me to cancel). Thanks again for your help!

This will be my first trip to Philly so I hope the hotel works out

the Sheraton Society Hill has a better location than the Hyatt, in my opinion, you can walk to many of the tourist areas and restaurants.

themadzins can you please start this topic as a new thread and we will comment?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]