Priceline Hotel: Seattle downtown 4* during mid December

Huge
By Huge,
in

I am looking for staying at 4* downtown Seattle during December 12 (Fri) -17 (Wed) or 18 (Thu) 2003. It's before Christmas, albeit not close. Thinking about bidding on Priceline. Would anybody have share lowest successful bid around that time? How much should I start to try my luck on Priceline?

Also, would I get a better price doing it on Priceline HongKong?

:)

Thank you

It's hard to tell because 4* in downtown Seattle seems to be quite expensive, compared to other cities. But maybe that time will be better. The Seattle Supersaver site has relatively low conventional booking prices for Seattle in the off-season, so it would be worthwhile to see what the lowest price you can get conventionally is before you try on Priceline:

http://www.seattlesupersaver.com/

(Of course also check hotel web sites, Expedia, and Orbitz also.)

I think Priceline Hong Kong has basically the same prices as Priceline US. The main difference is that it's easier to do rebids. However, there are so many free rebid zones if you are bidding 4* in Seattle that it hardly matters in your case.

If you're sure of your dates, you might as well start bidding now. Since you have so much time and so many rebid zones, I would probably start with a bid of $50, although that's quite unlikely to be successful.

At the 4* level in this zone you have 8 re-bids (9 bids total) so i would use the following strategy:

Select 4* Downtown zone and

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone and

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone and

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone and

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone and

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone and

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone and

Bid $88, if rejected add re-bid zone and

Bid $93, if rejected add re-bid zone and

Bid $95.

If you need to know more about rebidding you can read this: RE-Bidding Explained.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have and let us know how you make out.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]