CA San Francisco Hilton Financial District

IBDP
By IBDP,
in

I bid for a ESE Hotel on priceline, and a $95.00 bid got me the Hilton Financial. I was surprised this was in the USE zone, but after arriving there, I realized it was well within the zone and actually in a great location. 2 blocks to North Beach, 6 easy blocks to Union Square, close to trains, buses, etc. Very nice hotel.

AS HHONORS MEMBERS, we asked for an upgrade to the executive level (floor 26) and received it. A king bed room with the most incredible views of the bays that I have seen. The executive room is not frilly, but has just what we wanted; a flat panel screen tv and a desk with extended across the entire window side of the room, perfect for business people. Centered by Coit tower with Alcatraz in the left view, it resembled a mural, it was so perfect. Good restaurant (we had breakfast only); as HHonors members, continental breakfast in the restaurant lounge until the Concierge lounge is open in one to two weeks. Fee internet access in the rooms and, at least for now, free access in the lobby area. The staff was kind, courteous, always willing to help. A few glitches like not delivering packages to the room, housekeeping being quite late one day (even after a call for housekeeeping); no big deal at all. We would love to stay at this hotel again on our next trip to San Francisco. A great find.

Regards,

Donna

• 5 months later...

Just got back from my trip. This was a great hotel. Located on the edge of Chinatown, blocks away from North Beach and a short bus ride to the wharf. We arrived and checked in. The front desk guy said he had us in a 2 twin beds room. I said "Do you have anything with one bed" and he said well, I have one single.. So I said, "what if I pay you something, what can I get" and he said they had some bayview king suites available but it would be $40 extra.

I'm on my honeymoon so I figured what the heck and paid. Everything was settled and we ended up in a nice bayview king suite on the 22nd floor. Beautiful view with Coit tower in the middle, bay on either side of the hill, and chinatown stretching out below. Even though I was extorted $40, it was worth it for that view. The wife loved it :)

Staff was very friendly, the bell staff gave us some restaurant recommendations which turned out great. The only complaint was when I called the hotel operator she was extremely snotty--but who knows, maybe she was having a bad day. All in all a perfect stay and a great buy. Shoot for this one if you can.

• 1 month later...

I stayed at the Hilton SF Financial District (PL $85) the night of Oct 14, 2006 and I have to say that unlike previous posters I was disappointed in the room I got. I was 'pricelined' into the smallest room on the floor. Basically on each floor, the first and the last room down the hallway (room numbers ending in '00' and '25') are smaller, located behind the stairwell, and have only a very small window (one-quarter the size of the regular one) and therefore a limited view. Upon asking to see if they have a better room, I was told by reception that I'd have to pay an extra $30. Since I was just staying for one night, I didn't bother to upgrade. So, beware if your assigned room number ends in 00 or 25. [PS. the view from the stairwell itself was better than that from my room :(]

• 10 months later...

I got the hotel with an $85 bid on Priceline. If you do get this one through Priceline do not expect much in terms of upgrades or customer service. The hotel looks great on the surface. It's clean, modern, and renovated. But once you settle in you'll fine many little annoyances. To mention few: the bathroom outlet had no power, the toilet flush did not work properly, the coffee maker was broken etc. None are a big deal but for a 4 star, recently renovated hotel, you would expect more. The most important problem with the building itself is that there is no sound proofing. The window glass is so thin, it was as if we had left the window open. We heard every little street sound. And it is a very noisy area. So if you are sensitive to city noise during sleep, don't even consider it there. There was some noise from adjacent rooms, but the street noise overshadowed that anyway. The beds were nice. The shower was great. The room was small. But the main problem we had was the service. We checked in late but were told that the housekeeping was running behind and our room was not ready. In addition, we had requested a king bed and they said there are only rooms with double beds available if any. When asked for upgrades to something which is ready, they said nothing available. After we finally got a room, my wife was disappointed with the view, so she called and asked if we could at least get a bay view out of courtesy since they did not have king bed we had requested. They said since we made our reservation through Priceline, we are the "lowest" priority and will not be able to get anything better than what our current room was. That I found too blunt for customer service in a 4 start hotel. Just a final note, they had added a $20 dollar room service on the checkout bill, when I inquire about this (couple times on the phones which they said will look into and call back but never did and finally in person), they said they could not find any receipts for it and waived it. A very curious incident!...

• 1 year later...

Got this hotel for $121 on Priceline.

When I checked in, I first went to the automated check-in kiosk, which offered me a wide variety of rooms. I selected an accessible room on the 23rd floor, knowing it would be on an executive floor, but of course it told me there was a problem (probably that I booked on PL) and that Id have to go to the desk.

Nonetheless, I asked for and received that room.

The room, room 2301, was fine. It was right next to the ice machine (I could not hear it though) and had only a queen size bed (fine with me since it was just myself).

The room was clean, and had a very large bathroom. It also had a large flat-screen TV and electric window shades!

The reason I'm not saying I got 'Pricelined' was because my room key opened the executive lounge on the 26th floor...and therefore my breakfast was free! The breakfast was also very good!

I'd stay here again in a heartbeat!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]