Residence Inn NY T/Square 08/05/06-08/12/06 $26.00 !!&#33

Gagnee
By Gagnee,
in

Ok, you won't beleive this!!, I just booked a cancellable reservation for 2 weeks in August (split into two stays) for the sum of $26.00 per night with the total stay costing $230.84 per week!!! The rate ends on 09/01/06 and appears to be only good for stays of 7 days or more during August only. Don't delete this post calling me nuts until you confirm this folks!! I don't know how long this will stay up and it must be a typo someone loaded into the system but I went ahead and booked our August trip anyway hoping they will honor it. At first I thought that the person that posted this on another board was nuts until I tried it myself!!

I have a seperate confirmation number for both weeks in case we change our plans we can cancel one or the other!!! This is unreal if they honor it!!

Note: It stated that "non-smoking rooms" were unavailable on both stays but for this rate I'll grin and bear it!!!

From my payment page below...

Regular Rate,King Studio Corner Room w/3 windows,sofa bed,deluxe Kitchenette, Flat Screen TV, No Rollaway Beds Available,Max 3ppl

* Estimated government taxes and fees

* Total for stay (per room)

http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/...T_Ref=eResConfo

Me too on the corner room .... $26

booked Aug 12-19!!!

:) Ganee :) ... how did you find this steal of steals???

I imagine they won't find this mistake until Monday at the earliest or ... it may just sell out first!!

Or, if some calls the 1-800 number to confirm the rate and they change it!!!

Note: It stated that "non-smoking rooms" were unavailable on both stays but for this rate I'll grin and bear it!!

No worries Gagnee ... the whole hotel is non-smoking!!!

Welcome to the first and largest 100% Smoke-Free Residence Inn by Marriott in New York City

Yea, I read that about the whole Hotel being non-smoking GREAT!! I have nothing against smokers, heck I used to smoke myself but now I can't stand to be anywhere near it!! Found this deal on another board and wanted to "share the wealth" so to speak....

thesqueegeekid, I wonder what would happen if we just booked the whole month!! Thats cheaper than rent!!!And I read you get daily breakfast!!It will be VERY interesting to see what happens when thay find their mistake but I think they will honor the reservations.

See ya in NYC!!!

I just checked and the $26.00 rooms are gone!! The only thing showing is the 24.90 rate so you better hurry folks!!

They're back now ... the $26.00 rooms .... while booking I noticed them gone as well ... tried again and they were back again.

10 rooms booked now from Aug 12-19!!

Thanks again Gagnee!!! :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: .... gone again .... weird?

I think thesqueegeekid might be abusing this a little! Not that I am one to look a gift horse in the mouth, and that I wouldn't take advantage of it, booking 10 rooms might be alerting the system to this error. Really, unless you are going to have a family reunion, why do something that might give them cause to not honour the reservations you really only need?

Anyway, I think they figured it out. Tried looking again, and the special rate is gone.

Proud to be Canadian!

Thanks to gagnee for bringing this to the board's attention!! I was trying to figure out what to do for a summer vacation. I looked at the reviews on TripAdvisor.com, and they are generally all good. The hotel only opened this year! Assuming that the hotel honours the reservations (and I checked the website to see if they can wiggle out, and it doesn't seem so), I have what amounts to a free vacation in NYC at the end of August. Just to see, I "attempted" to add a night to my stay, and the website said the rate was no longer valid. But I did check to see that the original reservation was valid, and it was.

I think the error was someone entered the decimal place one key too early. I hope the guy doesn't lose his job over this faux pas.

Proud to be Canadian!

Two full days have passed since the error on the Marriott's part (including one full business day), and I have not heard from the hotel about the reservations I made. I am thinking that because the people who booked rooms at the reduced rates did so on a good faith basis.

I love the part in the confirmation email I received from Marriott:

Confirmation Authenticity

We're sending you this confirmation notice electronically for your convenience. Marriott keeps an official record of all electronic reservations. We honor our official record only and will disregard any alterations to this confirmation that may have been made after we sent it to you.

I would think they will have to honour all the reservations, and hope that some of us who did book will cancel for one reason or another.

Proud to be Canadian!

I haven't been contacted by the hotel yet either!!!

I think thesqueegeekid might be abusing this a little! Not that I am one to look a gift horse in the mouth, and that I wouldn't take advantage of it, booking 10 rooms might be alerting the system to this error. Really, unless you are going to have a family reunion, why do something that might give them cause to not honour the reservations you really only need?

Anyway, I think they figured it out. Tried looking again, and the special rate is gone.

abusing this a little? ... sorry guys didn't mean to ... it was finally a mistake I could take advantage of!!!

I missed out on this one I posted a couple years ago ... http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?sho...=7306&hl=westin

I got four rooms, my brother booked four and a friend booked just one!!!

All August 12-19. My brother and I get to celebrate both our Aug birthdays in NYC :)

Also, for the person buying 10 rooms... Are you re-selling them?

I won't sell them ... BUT I will definitely pass them along here on the board as soon as I know we won't need them all (most likely we won't!).

That's so very odd for Marriott not to honor it.

Months ago, we heard about a deal for $159 rooms in Corpus Christi's Quality Inn going for $15.95. I waited 5 days before I booked the deal, but when it was still there nearly a week later, I booked it. Called and confirmed that they would honor it, and they said absolutely. My husband went to Corpus last week, and his room opened onto the beach as promised. For that price, had they offered him a room that overlooked the trash cans, I would have understood. But he received the suite from the website. Others receiving the same offer have reported similarly. Of course, none of us booked 10 rooms, but Choice hotels honored their glitch.

There are thousands (literally) of posts about this Residence Inn "Glitch" on flyertalk.com If you need more information or want to add your comments, have a look there. It's incredible what steps some are taking to get these reservations fulfilled (or not).

I would say "thousands (literally)" is a stretch. Maybe 325 on the topic now.

Proud to be Canadian!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]