Hotwire Hotel: 4* Santa Barbara (Santa Barbara Beach) Hilton Santa Barbara Beachfront Resort

Plebian
By Plebian,
in

Thank you for your help identifying the following

Mystery 4-star Hotel Santa Barbara

Subzone: Santa Barbara Beach area

March 1-3 $149

Before following link, info given was:

·       .9 from search location

·       3.5/5 Good!

·       1,999 reviews

·       Free Internet Bed Choice

·       $149/night

·       What hotel will I get? You’ll get one of the hotels below:

Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara, Blue Sands Motel, or Hilton Santa Barbara Beachside

After opening link, info given:

·       My hotel is guaranteed to be one of these: Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara, Harbor View Inn and Hilton Santa Barbara Beachfront Resort

·       Complimentary-Free Internet

·       Amenities—Business Center, Fitness Center, near Beach, Pet Friendly, Pool(s) Restaurant(s) Smoke-free room

·       Guest ratings 3.5

·       Condition of hotel 3.4

·       Quality of service 3.9

·       Room comfort 3.6

·       Room cleanliness 3.9

Note: I also tried the Hotwire Easy View. The only 4* Santa Barbara Beach I could find for $149 had the same information. It also added that the property was 55 percent popular. That seemed less popular than the numbers above, but I don't know how that raw data is translated into a percentage. Thanks so much! 

Help with a second property in the same zone, which I am deciding between. 

3* Santa Barbara Beach zone, 3/1-3/3 2019 $142

Santa Barbara Beach

Amenities Include: Free parking, Free breakfast, Free internet, Near beach, Pool(s) and more...

(80% recommended)

Upon opening Hotwire Easy View: 

Your hotel is guaranteed to be one of these: West Beach Inn, a Coast Hotel;   Mason Beach Inn;   Santa Barbara House

38 percent off ($228 per night normally)

Complimentary

Free breakfast Free internet Free parking

Amenities

Near beachPool(s)

Guest Ratings

·        Overall satisfaction 4.1

·        Condition of hotel 4

·        Quality of service 4.3

·        Room comfort 4.1

·        Room cleanliness 4.3

Room type:

·        Hotel chooses

·        2 queen beds

·        suite 1 king 1 sofabed

Hi,

The prices are i'm seeing are higher than what you have listed... are you quoting rates in USD (as the prices below are in USD) and/or are you searching for something other than the default 1room/2adults/0children?

For the first hotel:

4* HOTWIRE Santa Barbara Beach for $129
Free internet
Pet friendly
Near beach
Smoke-free rooms
Fitness center
Pool(s)
Restaurant(s)
Business center
==> Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara

For the second:

3* HOTWIRE Santa Barbara Beach for $133
Free parking
Free breakfast
Free internet
Near beach
Pool(s)
==> Santa Barbara Guest House

When searching using our BiddingHelper.com tool you should be able to see each of these names by clicking the EASY VIEW tab and then hovering your mouse over the 'SEE MATCH from HOTEL LIST' button within each listing.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

No, as the difference is that i was searching for 2 adults... in many areas searching for more than double occupancy will increase the price (and sometimes even cause different hotels to be offered, so important to include this information in your post to ensure we research the correct hotel).

Based upon searching for 3adults/0children:

4* HOTWIRE Santa Barbara Beach for $149
Free internet
Pet friendly
Near beach
Smoke-free rooms
Fitness center
Pool(s)
Restaurant(s)
Business center
==> Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara

3* HOTWIRE Santa Barbara Beach for $142
Free parking
Free breakfast
Free internet
Near beach
Pool(s)
==> Mason Beach Inn

I now (when searching for 3 adults) see the same prices as you.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

I waited and the $159 offer was $203.  I still thought it was  good price. I was awarded the HIlton Beachside.  

Note that the Hyatt's pool may be out of service at the moment due to a remodel. Worth checking if anyone is bidding in Santa Barbara soon.  The additional resort fee was disclosed by Hotwire before I purchased.  The parking wasn't but I had looked that up on each potential property. 

Since it was a few days later, here were the specs right before I ordered:

Preview: Hotwire 4-star Hotel

Santa Barbara Beach Area

4.0/5 Very Good

2,050 Expedia Reviews

Bed Choice
When clicking the preview, I was told this would be either Hilton Santa Barbara Beach, Blue Sands Motel, Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara

When opening the offer before booking:

Amenities: Airport Shuttle, Business Center, Fitness Center, Internet Access, near beach, pet friendly, Pool (s) Restaurant (s) Smoke-free rooms. 

Guest ratings: 

Overall satisfaction 4

Condition of hotel 3.9

Quality of service: 4.1

Room comfort 4.1

Room cleanliness 4.1

Ratings powered by Expedia. 

Congratulations on your success.

Although the price had gone up, glad to see you're pleased with the deal and outcome.

5 hours ago, Plebian said:

I was told this would be either

Our BiddingHelper.com EASY VIEW can usually indicate which one it is.  In the future you could see which ones are suggested by HOTWIRE and then compare to one chosen by BiddingHelper (and the Bidding Helper has tabs to both the 'regular' Hotwire page and the EASY VIEW, so can do all of the above all on the same page and with just one search).  If you have any suggestions on how to streamline this process even further please let us know (you can send me a PM) and we will see what we can do about implementing.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Have a great trip!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SPRINGTRAVEL

(any Hotel, Car, or Flight where Coupon is accepted / max $60 discount... expires 03/24/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]