Hotwire Hotel: 4* Monterey (Monterey - Cannery Row - Aquarium) Portola Hotel & Spa

catface84
By catface84,
in

Hi! 

I'm trying to book a 4* mystery deal which is being offered for $184 in Downtown Monterey. Based on the details and photo I'm pretty sure it's the Portola Hotel and Spa. However, they don't allow bed choice and I would really like to get a king. Is there any way to know what kind of bed you'll be getting? Is one type more likely than the other? Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

So we can have a look at the offer (and first confirm that it's likely the Portola that you're seeing)... what are the dates of your stay and the amenity set associated with the property?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

For this one (full amenities from BiddingHelper.com EASY VIEW):

4* HOTWIRE Monterey - Cannery Row - Aquarium for $185.00
Pet Friendly
Near Beach
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> i'd agree that Portola Hotel and Spa would be the best guess for this one

When no bed choice is shown the hotel will assign your hotel when the reservation comes in or based upon what is available when you check-in.  You can call the hotel after your purchase and request a King bed room, but there are no guarantees and some hotels are more receptive than others to taking requests; some take them no problem, others tell you they will make a note on the reservation, others state they can't change anything (and you can even get different responses from different front desk clerks at the same hotel).

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the update.

Would the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa work for your plans as i'm seeing a King bed room there offered for $168/nite.

If not, what requirements do you have for this stay (other than a King bed) and what is your maximum budget (per nite before fees/taxes)?

Hi! Ended up booking (using your link) and got the Portola Hotel and Spa. $185/night + taxes  - $10 coupon code = $456 total for 2 nights. 

Thanks for your help! I did need the Portola after all, I'm attending a meeting nearby and that made the most sense. A king bed wasn't absolutely necessary, just would have been nice. I'll call the hotel and see if they can give me a king...if not, I will survive 🙂

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to hear it worked out well for you and that this property will be convenient for your plans... hopefully you'll also be able to get the King bed you're hoping for as well.

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]