Portland Oregon to Washington DC

miss barbara
By miss barbara,
in

Babs, what are your dates of travel? You would probably do much better with Southwest into BWI. Check out the Airfare Checker above to find out what your best rate is. We don't see a lot of airfare reported on this board, I think because your departure times are not revealed until the bid is accepted. You might get a 6:00 am flight or worse, a long layover between planes.

flying out 4/24/06 returning 4/27/06 BWI is an option however the hotel we're going to be staying at doesn't have airport pick-up service and when a friend of ours went to DC through bwi in December the ride from the airport to the hotel was $102.+ so going into BWI isn't so cheap. We are going to DC for a veterans march and meeting with congress.

PDX-BWI is $210 or so on most of the majors. Plenty of available flight times. I guess if you really wanted to fly Southwest on a transcon you could for the same price.

PDX-DCA is $330 or so on ATA and Frontier, higher on the majors.

Best you can do on PDX-IAD is $398 UA, which is at least a nonstop.

Transcons don't get much lower than that PDX-BWI fare, which has a base of about $170. There may be trains from BWI into DC, but I'm not one to know.

There may be trains from BWI into DC, but I'm not one to know.

Amtrak has a station at BWI that will stop at DC, $102 sounds like cab fare, I'm sure that there are shuttles that can take you in for less. What will it cost to get from Dulles into DC?

Thanks to competition from Southwest, BWI has great airfares. What is the value of knowing your departure times and total travel time? With Priceline, you won't know this until you buy your ticket.

A round trip on Amtrak from BWI to DC is only $16.50 per person using discount code H570 (which takes 25% off) and takes just about 25 minutes. There is also the state run MARC train for $12, but Amtrak is clearly a better value - faster and more comfortable.

lowest pubished fare is 214.00 but the flight times are crappy getting into DC at 11pm and I need to be there sooner

what makes you think you will get a better arrival time using Priceline? Everyone who has posted advice to your topic has suggested purchasing tickets directly with the airlines so you can pick your flight times.

am I missing something?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]