Priceline Hotel: Downtown Seattle Stay

thefiretourguide
By thefiretourguide,
in

I was going to stay in Seattle for three nights in the beginning of June. My second set of bids pn Priceline were as follows: 70.00 downtown at a 3* rejected/ 75.00 downtown & Lake Union at a 3* rejected/ 80.00 downtown/Lake Union/Northgate at a 3* rejected.

Anybody have any ideas on current bids accepted downtown for 3* and 2.5*? I am not picky as far as a place to stay I do not plan on being in my room except to sleep. Is parking cost a consideration? The 2.5* hotels I am sure will be fine for me but will they be out of the way?

I have never been to Seattle and just want to take in the tourist sites. My stay will be a Saturday, Sunday and Monday, June 3,4,5. Any suggestions about touring Boeing, Victoria, or Seattle would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time and helpful replies :)

You can take the Clipper to Victoria: http://www.victoriaclipper.com/

You could either drive or take the bus to the Museum of Flight (I haven't been there yet, but I think it's near Boeing): http://www.museumofflight.org/

It's hard to say what the bids for June for 3* and 2.5* need to be, if inventory is even available at this point. I'd take a look at Hotwire and start somewhat lower. If your stay starts with a summer Saturday night, that can raise the rate.

Downtown Victoria is quite easily explorable on foot, and if you take the Clipper it will drop you off right downtown on the Inner Harbour. A neat thing to do is rent a moped and explore the city that way for a little bit of time. Or you can rent a kayak downtown and kayak the Inner Harbour. Stop at Milestone's restaurant and have a drink on the water after you're done.

There are also whale-watching tours that leave from downtown but I've never gone on one of these tours. Some city tours pick up in front of the Fairmont Empress Hotel, which is right on the Inner Harbour as well.

What is your maximum bid?

As some of the 3* and 2.5* hotels tend to get away from the main part of Seattle (ie- closer to the Space Needle rather than where most want to be, Pike's Place Market) Hotwire can often be a good option as they split the "Downtown" zone into two separate areas. This will likely cost you a bit more than Priceline, but you'll also have a better idea of where your hotel will be location-wise.

As far as Seattle, i've been a couple of times and will be returning in April... we enjoyed the early bird half price lounge menu at Brasa and will certainly be returning there for an early meal at least once on our upcoming trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I haven't been to Seattle before so I am not crystal clear. I have looked at the maps and can hopefully jump the monorail if need be. I'm not against traveling although I will not have a vehicle. My plan is to get off a cruise ship and stay three extra days in Seattle to see the sites. We will probably take the ferry to Victoria for one day.

My wife and I are not picky about the lodging. We don't plan to be there except to sleep. Hopefully a centralized location to the tourist stuff, clean and safe.

I see Priceline rates the Red Lion Inn a 3* that scares me with the negative reviews that TripAdvisor has for this Inn.

Any bidding strategies would be greatly appreciated.

Well you appear to be near your limit for a 3* so not much else you can do other than bump your your next round of bidding by $5 each bid.

Personally i would not want to stay near the Space Needle if i wanted to 'tour' Seattle. There is nothing in the immediate area (i had trouble even finding a quick bite to eat for lunch and had to resort eating at the EMP... lunch there was overpriced and nothing special, but the EMP itself is recommended), which is why i caution considering this area.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

On February 13th I bid for a 2.5 Downtown Seattle and University of Washington for 85.00 and was rejected. I attended a class with a gentleman from Seattle. He related that for the price of 79.00 I could stay at the Days Inn which is about 5-6 blocks away. I have a current reservation there but am not locked in and can cancel anytime up to 16:00 day of arrival. So as of now that is my course of action.

Thanks for the suggestions so far and any other recommendations or insights will be appreciated.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]