Priceline Hotel: Need Bidding Help for Munich, Zurich and Venice

allen074
By allen074,
in

It's very likely that you'll get either Marriott or Renaissance in the City Centre North of Munich if you bid in the $53-58 range (unless the hotels are sold out on your dates or there's a trade show going on). No known 4* in the South. 5* Le Meridien is there, usually in the $70-80 range.

For Venice, I'd only bid for Venice Island. The other places are not so nice as actually staying in Venice. Also, if you did choose those zones, there's a good chance you could equal the price on other sites, as they're often heavily discounted. But even so, I'd do some research into hotels on the island of Venice and decide if you'd really rather book something yourself.

I think in Venice you should only consider 5*, then, or probably better yet not use Priceline. Many hotels in Italy, even 4* hotels, will not turn on the air conditioning until June. You would need to check with the hotel to determine the status. Air conditioning is a big concern for me, too, and I think you're right to be concerned.

I would suspect something similar might apply to Zurich, but your odds of needing it in May are not that high.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]