Hotwire Hotel: Hotwire 5* question /Orlando

Rick
By Rick,
in

Hotwire shows a 5 star Hotel in the universal Studios Orlando area for 179 a night. Amenities: Rest,Pool, Fitness,Business, Golf, Tennis, Spa, Childrens Activities

Any ideas on what Hotel it might be?

Also they show a 4.5 star hotel for 156 a night. Cant find this one either? Amenities: Rest, Pool, Fitness, Business, Golf, Tennis, Child Act.

Any help out there? :)

PS I did search the Hotels list withou any matches,,

The 5* matches Portofino Bay (it's in the hotel list under Universal - Wet N' Wild instead of only Universal... Hotwire recently changed their zones and we were waiting for confirmation just to make sure that the 5* indeed is now in the Universal zone)

I'll take a look for the 4.5* in a few.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I just got back from an Orlando trip in June and stayed at the Hard Rock & Animal Kingdom Lodge. For the Universal area there IS only one 5* hotel and it IS the Portofino Bay.(as of this writing)

If you're considering one of the Universal properties, keep in mind that they are available at a good rate through the Entertainment Book (backup plan). The Hard Rock can be had from about $125, and the Royal Pacific Resort from $109.

Now that I've seen all 3 hotels I'd stay at the Royal Pacific Resort. It is lush and gorgeous and the public areas are divine. The rooms are not luxurious but still very nice quality. Front of the line access for Universal cannot be beat -- I'd never stay off site again.

My very biased opinion!

BTW, when planning an Orlando trip I found the boards at http://wdwinfo.com/ to be invaluable. But no board beats this one for the VALUABLE hotel savings information!

If you want to check out what rates people are getting on the Universal hotels, check out this post at http://disboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=187829

If it doesn't work out it is titled "What is your date and your rate?"

It will be a good benchmark when comparing available rates on Priceline and Hotwire.

Have a wonderful time!

Cheers!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]