Priceline Hotel: 3.5* DC (Arlington) Key Bridge Marriott

Heide Szeto
By Heide Szeto,
in

I will be taking the bus from Philadephia into Washington DC on 8/19 and staying through 8/21.  I was initially planning to rent a room off AirBNB to save money but took a look at this forum and see that people are paying a reasonable price.

Any recommendations on where I should stay that is central to everthing? I am a open book since it'll be my first time traveling to this city.  I wont have a rental car and will be on foot mostly and taking public transit.

I would like to spend no more than $75 a night.

Thank you for any help!

I am taking a look at the Priceline Express deals.  These are the options:

Arlington VA area hotel 3.5*$70

-Sheraton Pentagon

Bethseda MD 3.5* $73

-None listed

Crystal City, VA 3.5* $78

-Crystal Getaway Marriot

-Hyatt Regency

Alexandria East - OLD TOWN 3* 58

-The Alexandria East list for Express Deals only shows a 4* hotel as a winning? - Morrison House

Does that mean if I chosea PRICELINE EXPRESS deal, I will get one of the hotels listed?

Please start by following-up your previous Priceline Monterey and Priceline Orlando threads with whatever you ended up doing for each of those trips.

Then for your DC trip above, decide if you first want to try for a 3.5* or a 3* hotel, as well as your maximum bid, as the bidding strategy will differ depending upon what star rating it is that you wish to try for first.

Also, do 'downtown' zones not work for your needs this trip OR are you not including them as you feel your budget won't be enough?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I added a long over due reply to both posts :)

I would like to try for 3.5 first and go from there. My max amount would be $70 a night.

Downtown zones do work for my trip if my maximum bid will work. I'm also up for suggestions for any other areas I should include in my bid to help (as long as I'm in general vicinity of the national malls/pentagon - then again heard transportation is good in the area so I won't have to worry so much about getting from point a to point b)

Thank you.

You should include all zones that you think are acceptable for your needs, even if you believe they will be beyond your budget, as it will give you more bidding opportunities and able you to make your bids in smaller increments. Worst case scenario is that you're accepted in a zone that you would want but thought would be over your budget. ;)

Which other zones are acceptable at the 3.5* level?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Looking at the zones, I believe these will be suitable:

Downtown DC

Downtown White House

Convention Center -Capitol North

Capitol Hill

and Crystal City

I assume these are all near the National Mall minus Crystal City:D

so 3.5 stars at no more than $70 a night is my goal.  If that fails, I will go down to 3 stars at the same areas.  

When bidding 3.5* in Washington DC you have FOUR re-bid zones... at the 3* level you have TWO re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3.5* Capitol Hill, Crystal City, DT, WH...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $53, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $58, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* Capitol Hill, Crystal City, DT, Convention Center...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $58, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* DT, WH, Convention Center, Capitol Hill, Crystal City...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $63, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* DT, WH, Convention Center, Capitol Hill...

Bid $55, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* DT, WH, Convention Center, Crystal City...

Bid $55, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* Capitol Hill, Crystal City, DT, WH...

Bid $58, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $63, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* Capitol Hill, Crystal City, DT, Convention Center...

Bid $58, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $63, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* DT, WH, Convention Center, Capitol Hill, Crystal City...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Just to clarify, you have three tiers of bidding methods for the 3.5 stars.  Would I start out with the very first one and one zone only. For example downtown dc, then add downtown dc white house and etc. OR  When I rebid, am I suppose to select all the zones acceptable to me with a 3.5 star and then add a zone that only has a *lower star level* (meaning 4 redbidding zones as you mentioned)

I had been working on this the whole night to no success.  Decided to add Arlington to the acceptable zone.

Not the area I wanted and maybe I should have had a little more patience but I ended up with something.

Winning bid of $60 for two nights at the Key Bridge Marriott in Arlington.

Thank you for the help!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]