Priceline Hotel: 3/26 - 3/29 (looking for 4* less than $105) Grand Hyatt possible?

Patty42day
By Patty42day,
in

Correction: Sat., 3/25 - Tues., 3/28

Looking for a 3* or higher for less than $100 on Sat. night and 3* or higher for less than $180 on Monday & Tuesday night. Anywhere in NYC is fine if it's nice. Saturday night we have to pay our own $$, so NJ is still an option if at a great rate. Last year we paid $47 per night for two nights at Hyatt Jersey City and then stayed in NYC for $159 at Sheraton Russell.

3/26 & 3/27 my company is paying, but they still want me under $180. I'll be at a conference in Chelsea, but any area of the city is fine if I can get a nice hotel for a great rate. ANY suggestions are appreciated!

• 2 months later...

Please don't post multiple topics for the same stay... keep all posts for this stay in this thread and if it needs to ultimately be moved after a hotel is received we will do so at that time. It make the board easier to manage and reduces the number of threads that don't have resolutions.

What do you want to try for first... a hotel in NYC up to $120 or strategies for the Hyatt in Jersey City?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I could have sworn I put one post for NYC in the NYC folder and then a few minutes later one for New Jesery in the New Jersey folder - all with appropriate dates - that are indeed different. I usually try to avoid confusion when at all possible.

They are for different dates. Therefore, I want to stay in both NYC and New Jersey.

New Jersey is for 3/24-3/26 (I'm paying this myself)

NYC is for 3/26-3/29 - This is the one I'm asking about strategy help for Grand Hyatt (My company is paying as I'm there on business but need it under $120 or I'll have to stay in Hyatt my full trip there)

So, yes, looking for help with booking under $120 for Grand Hyatt 3/26-3/29 under NYC and 3/24-3/26 help with Hyatt New Jersey.

Thank you!

I've moved your NJ post back to the NJ forum with the correct dates... sorry if i was the one to mess it up but i thought the dates were the same.

So if you're not successful at $120 or under you'll then look at the Jersey City Hyatt for your complete stay?

Rates for your dates are currently higher than when we typically see bids accepted at $120 or below, but if you'd like to give it a try, this is how i would proceed. Keep in mind the strategy below is for a 4* hotel in NYC, and not specifically for the Grand Hyatt, which can't be targetted. At the four star level in NYC you have two re-bid zones:

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rjeected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $110, if rjeected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS...

Select 4* MTE and MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Thanks. Right now as a backup plan I have a reservation with a special I found at travelzoo.com for $169 for the Affina Manhattan, but if I decide to bid last minute in the next week or two, I'll be sure to let ya'll know as I have up until 24 hours before to cancel my current reservation. The Affina is supposed to be a pretty nice hotel as tripadvisor.com rates it in the top 10.

The Affinia was my preference!

I called them several times but they stayed on 289$ on the phone.

I think you have a good deal on travelzoo!

When i was searching on my date's the affinia was still 269$ on travelzoo!

If i was you i would keep it!

Take Care!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]