Priceline Express Deals vs NYOP (Name Your Own Price)

mtheeb
By mtheeb,
in

Hi there, 

I was just curious what trends you are seeing with the Express Deals and NYOP deals.  Are there still much better deals through NYOP or are they all w/in 5-10% of Express Deals?  It use to be they even had separate inventory, is that still true?  I recently NYOP for a room in Walla, Walla and it popped exactly 5% under the Express deals price.  Just wondered if you were still getting reports of great winning bids out there quite a bit lower than the express deals price...

Thanks for everything as always.

PRICELINE Name Your Own Price is still usually the slightly cheaper way to purchase, but as i mentioned in your Priceline Walla Walla thread, the savings shouldn't really be compared NYOP vs. PRICELINE EXPRESS... the 'real' (and significant) savings are vs. what you would pay for a hotel thru regular booking channels.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your response.  I understand completely.  I was just curious if you were still seeing significant savings over express deals in some instances or if they are all just slightly lower.  Thank you again for your great service!  I am booking two trips to Memphis/Nashville and will report and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links in your signature.

• 10 months later...
On 5/19/2015 at 3:14 PM, mtheeb said:

Are there still much better deals through NYOP or are they all w/in 5-10% of Express Deals?  It use to be they even had separate inventory, is that still true? 

I have a question like this, too.  I got a 7% off NYOP and want to use it for Phoenix.  I know there's Express Deal that's exactly the hotel I want, but am also wondering that if I do NYOP if it will give me the Express Deal listed or possibly another hotel from that same star level and zone.

The hotel you currently believe is being offered thru the PRICELINE EXPRESS side of their service is not necessarily the one that you will win when bidding on PRICELINE.

If you would like help with, or to report a win for, your upcoming trip please start a NEW TOPIC in the Priceline Arizona section of the board and we will assist you there.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]