New to betterbidding.com, wish help from experts!

tonyyee77
By tonyyee77,
in

Just a new member on betterbidding.com, really wish to know more about bidding on priceline.com/hotwire.com. First, wish to know, either priceline or hotwire the same ? I wish to have a trip of 4 adults and 1 children (under 2) to Los Angeles on January 4th or 5th, 2005. Willing to stay in the Hollywood or Berverly Hill area. Willing to have hotel for 4 nights and car rental from 4th or 5th to 13th or 14th on January. Of course I wish to have a 3* or 4* hotel for under $100 per night. I just need one room with two double or queen beds. And for the car, I wish to have a full size with Toddler Seat and GPS system. Please post some suggestions for me to have the trip. About the airfare, I will buy from other websites because I need to have one way from JFK to LAX and one way from SFO to JFK. I will drive from Los Angeles to San Franscisco (thats why I need GPS). Thanks !!

Priceline will only guarantee bedding for two people. Hotwire will only book a room for a Maximum of 4 people. I think if it were me I would book direct and look for a place like Embassy Suites.

I am not sure you can get GPS unless you book direct with the car rental companys. You may win a car with a company that does not offer GPS in its cars.

Let us know if you have any more questions.

Priceline will only guarantee bedding for two people. Hotwire will only book a room for a Maximum of 4 people. I think if it were me I would book direct and look for a place like Embassy Suites.

I am not sure you can get GPS unless you book direct with the car rental companys. You may win a car with a company that does not offer GPS in its cars.

Let us know if you have any more questions.

I searched and it comes out too high for the room..... anyone have any idea to get something cheap ?? Can I just order 1 room with 2 beds and when check it, let them know we're only four adults, bring the kid up later ???

In most parts of the country (not including New York City) your chances of being able to get a room with two double beds are > 90% for a 2.5 star or higher bid, especially if you arrive relatively early. Call some of the hotels where you see previous winning bids and ask them what your chances are of getting two beds upon request. Also check to see if they have a higher price for rooms with two beds (usually not the case in the US, again with a few exceptions like New York City and also certain types of 1 or 2 star hotels.

In most parts of the country (not including New York City) your chances of being able to get a room with two double beds are > 90% for a 2.5 star or higher bid, especially if you arrive relatively early. Call some of the hotels where you see previous winning bids and ask them what your chances are of getting two beds upon request. Also check to see if they have a higher price for rooms with two beds (usually not the case in the US, again with a few exceptions like New York City and also certain types of 1 or 2 star hotels.

Is that you mean I just call the hotel directly to ask for the price of other winner did ?

Is that you mean I just call the hotel directly to ask for the price of other winner did ?

No - you check this board, look at the hotels which have been won previously (there is a pretty good chance you will get one of them if you win your bid). Call some of them and or check their website to find out if you can get a room with two beds upon request most of the time (all US 2.5 star hotels and above that I have ever been in have double beds or larger, not "twins"); you could even ask them if it makes any difference if you get your room through priceline as to whether they are likely to honor your request. About 95% of the time I have no trouble getting a room with 2 beds if I want it (again, this is not true everywhere in the US, just most places). Most hotels in the US limit the # of occupants to 4 persons in a room with 2 beds, sometimes the limit is 5, rarely they have a limit of 3 persons in a room with 2 beds (a few Residence Inns and Marriott Courtyards are this way in their rooms with 1 king or queen bed and a sofa bed).

please list your firm dates of travel and we may suggest a strategy, I believe that Hotwire is your best choice since you can select a room for up to 4 adults. You cannot perform a search for 4 adults and one child aged 2 or older as occupancy is limited to 4.

Have you looked at the Priceline/Hotwire Hotel Lists and Tips for California as they are organized by each zone in the Los Angeles area.

Also, since are booking the airfare directly, please use the Travel Links to Help Support BetterBidding as you can access the websites of many airlines as well as Expedia, Orbitz, and Travelocity It will help to keep this valuable travel resource going.

please list your firm dates of travel and we may suggest a strategy, I believe that Hotwire is your best choice since you can select a room for up to 4 adults. You cannot perform a search for 4 adults and one child aged 2 or older as occupancy is limited to 4.

Have you looked at the Priceline/Hotwire Hotel Lists and Tips for California as they are organized by each zone in the Los Angeles area.

Also, since are booking the airfare directly, please use the Travel Links to Help Support BetterBidding as you can access the websites of many airlines as well as Expedia, Orbitz, and Travelocity It will help to keep this valuable travel resource going.

Sure, no problem, I definitely will do it. About the date, I'm confirmed will be on Jan 05 - Jan 09. Stay for 4 nights. I saw a lot of people having 3* for under $60 and 4* under $80. And why I can't see anything liked "name your price" on Hotwire ??? Is there anyway I can go to that section ??? I only can see they having some "Best Value" hotels listed. For $101 for 3.5* in Los Angeles, do you have any idea what hotel is it for experience ?

First, thinking to get one room for 4 adults and 1 children under 2 but now considering to get 2 rooms. Just try a bid on priceline.com. Can't even get a 3* or 4* hotels around Los Angeles downtown or hollywood area for maximum bet of $67.00 each. Any suggestions ??? When I can place a bid again ?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]