Priceline Hotel: Looking for 3.5-4* hotel in Chelsea, TS, MSG, HK, MTE, MTW, OR ESB

aznhunter
By aznhunter,
in

Hi, I'm looking for a 3.5-4 star hotel in Chelsea, TS, MSG, HK, MTE, MTW, OR ESB. I have been bidding for the last few weeks and have been unsuccessful. My price range is between 190-250 for the dates of 9/28/13 - 10/1/13. Please let me know my best options or bidding strategies for this area. Thanks

Please follow-up your previous Priceline San Francisco thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip, then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at your trip above.

In your reply, please clarify if you haev already bid all of the zones above up to $250/nite and at the 3.5* level, OR exactly what the highest bid and star rating you have tried for thus far.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Can you please further reply to your San Francisco thread indicating how you booked... it's not clear if you used PRICELINE, HOTWIRE, booked direct, etc.

If PRICELINE or HOTWIRE, please add the details of your purchase including star rating, city, zone, hotel name, room rate per nite, and dates of your stay (and if HOTWIRE the amenities shown before your purchase)... you can still view all of this information by going to the MY PROFILE >> MY ACCOUNT link on the top right of PRICELINE's home page OR the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of HOTWIRE's home page.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your decisions/purchases as you make them so that the information can help others in a timely manner and the board remains better organized and useful for everyone.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Can you please further reply to your San Francisco thread indicating how you booked... it's not clear if you used PRICELINE, HOTWIRE, booked direct, etc.

Can you please add the address of the Doubletree you recieved to your other thread as i'm unable to find a Doubletree hotel currently in this zone, nor any information on a hotel that used to be a Doubletree which has changed ownership. With the address information i'll be able to confirm the correct zone and current hotel name.

What to do next?

For NYC i think you have plenty of options within prices you have already bid...

3.5* Hotel Excelsior NYC for $207/nite (you haven't yet bid this zone on PRICELINE)

4* King and Grove for $216/nite

4* Doubletree Metropolitan for $220/nite

4* The Lucerne for $227/nite (again, you haven't bid this zone but within your bidding so far and great reviews with a 4.5/5.0 TA rating, although the location is not my favorite)

PRICELINE EXPRESS also has a 3.5* hotel in the ESB zone for $187/nite

Any of the above of interest and work for your needs?

I'm not following your last reply...

Did you already bid on PRICELINE up to $237/nite for a 3.5* or higher... if so, why is the PRICELINE EXPRESS property not good enough if it is equal to your previous maximum bid?

As well, i have presented some options above that are 3.5* or higher rated and lower priced than $237/nite, so i'm not sure if this is really your best price for these dates, but if it is, what about the hotel(s) i have listed above in my last post?

At the moment, I'm trying to bid lower than $237 because I could get a 4 star in midtown east at this price. I'm trying to bid for other areas but priceline seems to reject all offers below 237. How do I get the rates you have provided, for example, doubletree in the metro area for 220/nite? I see the price in the high 200's. Thanks again.

Try this link (but confirm the dates after you click). Also, this link will expire about 30 min after it's posted, so i'll send you a PM notifying you of this post.. if you catch it too late and are interested in this property, let us know and we'll re-post a fresh link)

This should open a 4* hotel in the MTE zone on HOTWIRE for $222/nite with:

Pet Friendly

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Roll-in Shower

... best guess for this offer is the Doubletree Metropolitan.

What are the amenities associated with this property?

It's still not clear from your post... have you already ready bid up to $237/nite for a 4* hotel? How high did you go on your last round of bidding, which zones did you include, and when did you make those bids?

I have not used HOTWIRE before. The pricing seems reasonable but I really don't know their star rating system and what hotels would fit for each zone. I'm looking for 3.5 star hotels and above with a budget of 239 per night. Since it is my first time in New York, what zone/area or hotel do you recommend. I appreciate any input. Thanks.

I often recommend MTE and ESB. TS is the most crowded (and most expensive) zone in the city, and I wouldn't recommend it.

You can find the hotels reported to the board on PRICELINE and HOTWIRE linked at the bottom corner of every thread, as well as by clicking at the "Can't Find What You're Looking For?" box in the upper corner and then clicking "see hotel lists."

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

• 2 years later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]